Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard could it possibly be to construct something similar to this on your own and save 200 bucks? 250 bucks just doesn’t seem worth it to me. Just curious

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it depends how handy you are working with metal fabricating, welding and painting.
I work for a powder coating company that makes hydraulic oil tanks. But just not as a welder.
With only two main companies out right now making this kind of stuff it kinda let’s them charge whatever they want

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don't forget it needs to be engineered too. Fasteners? Warranty?...vacation pay... HR department salaries... PPE... insurance... rent...environmental compliance...tariffs...sales channels... advertising...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand the hidden costs in business. There’s reasonable profit margins and then there’s price gouging monopolistic prices

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What is it? I have tried to view it at different angles as the image is so small.

I can see:
  • A farm plough with reveresible furrows
  • A piece of discarded plastic from a kiddies model aircraft kit
  • A hair clip
  • At a stretch of the imagination a ladder for the Jeep :unsure:
  • An unblanced roof rack
  • A cheap bumper.
Please put me out of my misery and I am not being cheeky as I don't have a frecking clue what it is. :cry::cry::cry:

You mentioned "hydraulic oil tanks" but what have they to do with the unidentifiable image posted?

If inserting images to the forum use the "paper clip" at the bottom left of the chat box and insert your picture. If that's a picture from the internet then use the image of 2 links beside the paper clip. (y)(y)(y)

Is there a prize for guessing what the picture is? April fools day was 6 days past. :p:p:p

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are you sure? I have climbed many a ladder in my years but never any with a single piece of flat bar simply welded onto the side of a main strut. (Description escapes me) :eek:o_O:unsure:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hopefuly the OP will note the difference in picture quality from theirs to Rsanges' image.

I know we all love pictures but guessing games are even better during this Coronovirus lockdown :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts