Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, we ourselves own a Jeep Renegade.

We have done a wide variety of upgrades and a lot of custom parts that we are developing and are continuing to do so.

We offer a wide variety of products for both the 1.4L and 2.4L Renegade. Our goal is to deliver reliable bolt-on performance that the average person at home can install with the help of our over the phone support or our how-to videos.

There’s a wide range of options available, so simply visit our website or give us a call at 562-981-6800.

One of the products that has been very well received is our MAXPower ECM for the 1.4L Renegade. It has been running on a good number of Jeep Renegades across the country and we have gotten good feedback.

If you're looking for a performance upgrade that is going to give you reliable power, this is an option to consider!

In addition to all that, we are offering this product with a 30 day money-back guarantee! So try it out!

What we did recently is released a couple of videos. We have put out a video that explains how the MAXPower unit works, a video to show you how we tune our vehicles, as well as a video that shows you how to install the MAXPower ecm on your Renegade. Make sure you check out the videos below!

Here is the video that explains in detail our MAXPower ECM

Here is the video that shows how we tune and dyno our vehicles

And lastly the video that shows you how to install the MAXPower ECM on your Jeep Renegade

For more information about our MAXPower ecm, click Here
The product listing for the MAXPower ecm should answer just about any questions you have about this product.

And as always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us directly at 562-981-6800. We are always here to assist!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Want to learn how the MAXPower bluetooth iPhone app interacts with the MAXPower ecm? Check out this video to see the cool features of the MAXPower bluetooth!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Why don't you guys be nice to us and give us Renegade forum users a special code that we can use in order to buy your products at a discounted rate? The MAXpower ECM seems a little steep for everyone here that is on a Jeep Renegade budget. Maybe if I was on an Alfa Romeo 4C budget I would spring for it, but with my budget I can't justify paying for anything that you guys are currently selling in the performance division. Just my $0.02

Reactions: Mkalkofen

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Why don't you guys be nice to us and give us Renegade forum users a special code that we can use in order to buy your products at a discounted rate? The MAXpower ECM seems a little steep for everyone here that is on a Jeep Renegade budget. Maybe if I was on an Alfa Romeo 4C budget I would spring for it, but with my budget I can't justify paying for anything that you guys are currently selling in the performance division. Just my $0.02
Hi there The Drifter,

First off thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand that every product we offer won't be for everyone. That's why it's all about options. It's important to know that not all customers likes/wants are going to be the same and that's why every week we're literally adding multiple items for this Renegade platform.

Even though lets say the MAXPower ECU might not be in someones price range I guarantee you that we'll have a ton of other products that will be and that's what customization is all about. Simply making the vehicle yours.

On a side note, keep your eyes open for some "Forum Only" promos that will be rolling out here in the very near future as well!

If you ever need anything at all or have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to take care of you!

Thank you,

Joseph
Sales Manager
MADNESS Autoworks

I noticed the images of your products say "race use only". They aren't emissions legal? If not, I hope the EPA comes in and fines the living **** out of you.
77cherokee,

As you'll notice with the majority of aftermarket companies here in North America anything that is dealing with performance products such as Intakes, Piggy Back ECU Modules, Exhausts etc will all usually state "For Off Road/Race Use Only". Why is that? The answer is simple. We provide products for customers globally which means we ship all over. What's legal in Texas more than likely will not be legal in Oregon and so on. Actually a lot of the times even Counties in the same State have different laws as far as emissions etc is concerned. That is the main reason for having that label and by doing so it's telling our customers "Understand that before you put this product on your vehicle you might want to be aware of your local laws."

Also, just because an item says "For Off Road/Race Use Only" doesn't mean that this product in question will have an impact on emissions. Take our MAXPower module for example. This product actually has an ECO mode option on the Bluetooth version of the ECU. That means in this ECO mode setting you will end up having the best MPG possible for your Renegade!

However with all this being said, in some States/Counties etc if you pop the hood and they see a Piggy Back ECU module plugged in (ECO mode or not) that individual might very well fail the "visual" inspection portion of their emissions test. It honestly all depends on your local laws.

Something else to keep in mind is that all of these products I've mentioned above (ECU's, Intakes, Exhausts) are not permanent and all can be reversed back to stock quite easily. This is great for that aggressive enthusiast that wants to go Off-Roading on the weekend but follow the local laws during the week. With something like the MAXPower ECU you can literally remove this product and have your vehicle back to stock in a matter of seconds (no exaggeration)!

I hope that this response has helped you out in understanding the reasoning for the Off Road/Race Use Only labeling. If not and if you happen to have any further questions please feel free to give us a call here at the shop 562-981-6800 and we'll be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you,

Joseph
Sales Manager
MADNESS Autoworks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I gotta say, Joseph gives a pretty measured response to what could be termed an "agressive" comment.

Basically, he's done his part by having the warning label on the product. The rest is up to the consumer. This is a direct contrast to the Volkswagen fiasco, where the company lied to consumers.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gotta say, Joseph gives a pretty measured response to what could be termed an "agressive" comment.

Basically, he's done his part by having the warning label on the product. The rest is up to the consumer. This is a direct contrast to the Volkswagen fiasco, where the company lied to consumers.
I appreciate that. Just know if you or anyone ever has questions we're always here to help. I'm personally not on the forums as much as I'd like but you can always reach me via phone or email throughout the week. The last thing we want are customers feeling mis-informed etc. That's not how we like to do business.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and again thank you for your feedback in regards to my post.

Joseph

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have an android? Don't worry! We didn't forget about android users!

This video below will show you how to use the MAXPower app on your android

·
Registered
261 Posts
In case one buys the simple Madness ECM (i.e without the BlueTooth option), in which will the ECM be set by default? Eco, Sport or Sport Plus?

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In case one buys the simple Madness ECM (i.e without the BlueTooth option), in which will the ECM be set by default? Eco, Sport or Sport Plus?
The ecm will be set by default to the highest setting which is Sport+
The end user will still have the ability to pick either a 91 or 93 octane map on the non-bluetooth version

·
Registered
261 Posts
The ecm will be set by default to the highest setting which is Sport+
The end user will still have the ability to pick either a 91 or 93 octane map on the non-bluetooth version
Thank you for your reply.
But you still get the bypass plug, right?
So you can get the engine either to stock or sport+.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does changing the mapping via Maxpower ECM affect the long-term reliability of the engine through additional stress?
We tune it in a way where it will yield quite significant gains over stock, but does not overstress the components of the vehicle. There's really nothing to worry about in the reliability department

Thank you for your reply.
But you still get the bypass plug, right?
So you can get the engine either to stock or sport+.
Yes you are correct. The bypass plug is included and when plugged in, the car will be back to the stock power output.

Reactions: mojo

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't have a MAXPower yet? Why not try it out! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions.

The MAXPower is available for the 1.4L, and also for the 1.6 and 1.8 turbo diesels.

The link below should take you to the different modules for the different models:
https://madnessautoworks.com/index....keyword=MAXPower by MADNESS&car=Jeep Renegade

·
Registered
430 Posts
As you'll notice with the majority of aftermarket companies here in North America anything that is dealing with performance products such as Intakes, Piggy Back ECU Modules, Exhausts etc will all usually state "For Off Road/Race Use Only". Why is that? The answer is simple. We provide products for customers globally which means we ship all over. What's legal in Texas more than likely will not be legal in Oregon and so on. Actually a lot of the times even Counties in the same State have different laws as far as emissions etc is concerned. That is the main reason for having that label and by doing so it's telling our customers "Understand that before you put this product on your vehicle you might want to be aware of your local laws."

/QUOTE]

Whipple, Edelbrock, Roush, Toyota TRD, ATI, all these can make 50 state emissions legal superchargers and intakes. And you can't do a simple piggyback ECU.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MADNESS MAXPower ECM also comes with the "Cold Start Timer" feature, which allows the user to set in a pre-determined delay when the engine is first started delaying the tuning module from giving increased performance until the engine has reached a safe running temperature.

Read more here

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For those that are interested in purchasing a MAXPower ECM we have these available to be shipped!

We are open now in Spicewood, Texas at:

22108 State HW 71 W
Spicewood, TX 78669
512-982-9393

&

Signal Hill, California at:

2716 Dawson Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
562-981-6800

·
Registered
179 Posts
A few weeks ago I went, closed my eyes, held my breath, and purchased the 93 octane bluetooth version.

Yes, $600 is a lot for a thing that I honestly couldn't find a lot of information on. No dyno sheets kinda worried me, but I found some for the Abarth so I could get a basic idea of the potential gains. I know that every dyno setup is different, and that there are so many variables that you will never really duplicate dyno runs, but I would have liked a visual of some sort.

So after about 3 weeks of playing with it, I am very happy with it. Easy to install. Easy to remove. And the bypass plug is a great idea for when you just want to remove the Module, but not the entire loom.

The bluetooth app is a bit fiddly and doesn't always connect. I found you have to make sure to clear you app history before opening the app or it doesn't connect (could just be my phone though).

I do a lot of highway driving and was looking for a bit more oomph getting on highways and playing around in traffic, especially with the Jeep loaded with 300-400 pounds of supplies. I don't know if there is any benefit for off-roading as I don't plan on doing that.

I find myself using either the Eco or Sport+ modes. Sport mode almost seems unnecessary, but hey, people like options.

You will ruin your gas mileage over the first week or so just having fun with it.

Overall, absolutely worth the investment. Cant get much more power out of the engine other than changing out the turbo, which is rather costly.

Saving up to get the Ignition coils and the turbo blanket next! Ohh and you guys at Madness need to get a red triangle decal of some sort for sale on the web site. I like to advertise the mods in my vehicles!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few weeks ago I went, closed my eyes, held my breath, and purchased the 93 octane bluetooth version.

Yes, $600 is a lot for a thing that I honestly couldn't find a lot of information on. No dyno sheets kinda worried me, but I found some for the Abarth so I could get a basic idea of the potential gains. I know that every dyno setup is different, and that there are so many variables that you will never really duplicate dyno runs, but I would have liked a visual of some sort.

So after about 3 weeks of playing with it, I am very happy with it. Easy to install. Easy to remove. And the bypass plug is a great idea for when you just want to remove the Module, but not the entire loom.

The bluetooth app is a bit fiddly and doesn't always connect. I found you have to make sure to clear you app history before opening the app or it doesn't connect (could just be my phone though).

I do a lot of highway driving and was looking for a bit more oomph getting on highways and playing around in traffic, especially with the Jeep loaded with 300-400 pounds of supplies. I don't know if there is any benefit for off-roading as I don't plan on doing that.

I find myself using either the Eco or Sport+ modes. Sport mode almost seems unnecessary, but hey, people like options.

You will ruin your gas mileage over the first week or so just having fun with it.

Overall, absolutely worth the investment. Cant get much more power out of the engine other than changing out the turbo, which is rather costly.

Saving up to get the Ignition coils and the turbo blanket next! Ohh and you guys at Madness need to get a red triangle decal of some sort for sale on the web site. I like to advertise the mods in my vehicles!

Robot Penguin,

Wow! Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our Bluetooth MAXPower ECM! You will be happy with our Ignition Coils and Thermal Blanket as well! If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us. I will pass your message regarding for a red triangle decal for Jeep Enthusiasts! Thank You Again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.