Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good, jw how long have u had ur ladder for, any rust on in, mines starting to rust.
I’ve had it for 6 months or so. I have some rust on the left base just above the tab that bolts to the fender where the ladder pole and mount are welded together but overall that’s it. But The welds on it look like they were rushed or done by someone not very good at it so I could see some more rust building up on someone that didn’t get as lucky as I did to get one that’s pretty squared away

·
Registered
66 Posts
Getting ready for the spring and summer months which means beach trips and a Wyoming trip in July. Washed/waxed and rack mounted with the new Rotopax fuel canister mounted. If anyone has any trail knowledge for the Jackson, WY area let me know! View attachment 2396351065 View attachment 2396351066
that looks great! i love your rhino rack as well. i have the same one and love it! how do you find the rotopax working in the sun? do they swell?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that looks great! i love your rhino rack as well. i have the same one and love it! how do you find the rotopax working in the sun? do they swell?
I bought the rotopax a couple months ago and have only mounted it to my rack. So far it’s been one day out in the elements so I can’t comment on how it’ll swell over time. I know I’ve seen other reviews that showed it has swelled with the elements but not to where it’s unreliable/leaks.

·
Registered
852 Posts
As far as swelling, do you have to allow for expansion ? On my old military 1954 Willys M38A1, right below the gas tank fill cap, stenciled in 1" white letters was "CAUTION: DO NOT OVERFILL ALLOW FOR EXPANSION". And all the Jeep Mutts (M151A2's, actually made by Ford, not Jeep) that I drove in the Marine Corps also had the exact stencil. This also applied to the 5 gallon Jerry cans on the rear; there was a seam you never filled past. Do Rotax require the same ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as swelling, do you have to allow for expansion ? On my old military 1954 Willys M38A1, right below the gas tank fill cap, stenciled in 1" white letters was "CAUTION: DO NOT OVERFILL ALLOW FOR EXPANSION". And all the Jeep Mutts (M151A2's, actually made by Ford, not Jeep) that I drove in the Marine Corps also had the exact stencil. This also applied to the 5 gallon Jerry cans on the rear; there was a seam you never filled past. Do Rotax require the same ?
There is a max fill line on the tank. I generally go a little below that to give it some extra room but maybe that’s Rotopax’s way of adding one of those “allow for expansion” lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts