Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just installed the DV+ on my Sport this afternoon as a birthday gift to myself. The installation was very easy and the new internals are comically beefy compared to the old ones. Once installed I accidentally turned the car on before plugging the diverter back into the system and it threw a code. So! don't make that mistake! Not a huge a deal since I'm due for the 10k mile service anyway. I like the slightly smoother throttle response, and I'm pretty sure I gained some man points, but it didn't change anything other than that. Included is a pic of the parts that must come out and the super fancy wrench used to do the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it won't "wow" but I think it's worth it. I managed to clear the code myself so I'll be surprised if the dealership even notices it.

Reactions: ODGreenFifteen

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey folks, just installed the DV+ on my Sport this afternoon as a birthday gift to myself. The installation was very easy and the new internals are comically beefy compared to the old ones. Once installed I accidentally turned the car on before plugging the diverter back into the system and it threw a code. So! don't make that mistake! Not a huge a deal since I'm due for the 10k mile service anyway. I like the slightly smoother throttle response, and I'm pretty sure I gained some man points, but it didn't change anything other than that. Included is a pic of the parts that must come out and the super fancy wrench used to do the job.
Cool! I ordered one of these for mine! You did the whole install using one allen wrench? How long did the installation take you? Also, are all the parts you are holding in your hand the old parts that need to come out in order to install the new valve? Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Indeed it won't "wow" but I think it's worth it. I managed to clear the code myself so I'll be surprised if the dealership even notices it.
Put mine in, The factory plastic sleeve was so stubborn on mine it got broken trying to remove it. Cant go back to stock, but I don't want to put that flimsy piece of plastic back in there anyway. It made a big difference to me, I used to be able to hear boost just squirting out as boost was built, and now nothing but power, boost feels much stronger. I love this! I put the blowoff plate on there too, sounds amazing.

Reactions: ODGreenFifteen

·
Registered
604 Posts
Put mine in, The factory plastic sleeve was so stubborn on mine it got broken trying to remove it. Cant go back to stock, but I don't want to put that flimsy piece of plastic back in there anyway. It made a big difference to me, I used to be able to hear boost just squirting out as boost was built, and now nothing but power, boost feels much stronger. I love this! I put the blowoff plate on there too, sounds amazing.

Dude, we need to meet up sometime, I'd love to see this setup.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sure man, where are you at right now? I'm off today (although I do have a 3 week old child, so I can't make any promises, LOL)
Actually I'll be at Sport Durst CJD on 15/501 this afternoon for an oil change & alignment.

Appointment's at 1, I expect to be there until 3 or 4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey, it's been a while since you installed the diverter, but I was wondering how you were able to clear the error code you got? I installed one myself this morning and have the "service engine" come up... thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Blowoff plate

Hi , are your using the Forge Motorsport blowoff plate ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got my DTE Pedal box installed today , throttle feels very responsive in Sport & Sport + settings , also noticeable sharper when using the City mode . All good thus far ! Jeep bronze trim for the rear seating area and my usual Shell Hell decal on the tailgate . Daystar bull bar will be fitted next week along with a Cree light bar mounted on it . Happy days :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.