Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Latitude and recently started hearing an intermittent rattle in the front, but can't pin point it. I would take it in but I am sure they will say they can't hear it. Anyone else have this issue? Cause of rattle?

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's a poltergeist.

Rattle from the outside? Put car on lift and check suspension (sway bar, end links, control arms and bushings, tie rod ends etc). Also, heat shields (exhaust/cat) may rattle, often only while engine is cold. Pebble trapped inside brake caliper or similar may be noisy. Also could be lower engine cover (Maybe a fastener fell off).

Rattle from the inside? Could be anything loose (trim, a wire/cable). Follow the noise.

The list of possibilities is rather endless and approaches the total sum of parts that make up the vehicle!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it sound like creaking floorboards? It's probably bad control arm bushings. Mine 'went bad' and I'm waiting for the new ones to arrive at the dealer so they can be replaced. Hopefully the new ones last longer than 9,000 miles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an intermittent rattle noise which sounds like it is coming from the IP. I took it into the dealership and they said they couldn't hear it for a long enough time to pin point the issue. They told me to bring it back when it is doing it more consistently. What I found interesting was the courtesy 2015 Renegade did the same thing intermittently. It seems like you have to drive it for a while for it to start.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a rattle/tapping noise coming from the driver side. Was driving me crazy. Check your door panels, make sure they are flush with the metal of the door. Turns out my drivers side door was warped and they replaced under warranty. I also asked that since they would be removing the door panel, to check and secure anything that could moving under the door panel. So far the noise has not retuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heat shield rattle

I have been chasing the ghost rattle for about a year now. I thought it was something in the driver side door, and it was not always there. The other day I looked under the car, just to the front of the rear driver side wheel, and there it was. the heat shield had cracked and is randomly rattling around when I am driving.

Just thought I would share to see if this helps anyone else narrow down their rattle.

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.