Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Subwoofer Enclosure is a beautiful piece that looks as if it came with the Jeep Renegade from the factory. It is designed to fit perfectly into the cargo area of the Renegade without interfering with any of the Renegade's storage area. Make sure to check out the product listing for more information!

Now available for purchase here:
https://madnessautoworks.com/Jeep R...-subwoofer-enclosure-w-sub-by-madness-pid4112

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks good.

Do you have installation instructions that we can see?

Also is there a grille or cover for it? I'd be concerned that it's kind of exposed and vulnerable to damage from loading stuff into the cargo area.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So replaces factory sub? What is the preferred method of powering? Sorry for the questions, the website is alittle vauge. Price is pretty good. If I had not already replaced the sub and door speakers with subs, I would be all over it.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good.

Do you have installation instructions that we can see?

Also is there a grille or cover for it? I'd be concerned that it's kind of exposed and vulnerable to damage from loading stuff into the cargo area.
We are in the planing stages for an installation video. The easiest way to secure this in place is to use a self taping screw from behind the taillight and drive it into the backside of the box to secure the box to the inner quarter panel structure. Regarding grill covers, we should have them coming in within the next 10-12 days.

So replaces factory sub? What is the preferred method of powering? Sorry for the questions, the website is alittle vauge. Price is pretty good. If I had not already replaced the sub and door speakers with subs, I would be all over it.
Yes, this replaces the factory subwoofer. An amplifier rated at 300 watts RMS is more than enough to drive this subwoofer.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure to check out all of the pictures on our product listing to see the craftsmanship that went into making this Enclosure look like a factory piece!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you add this to the 6 speaker sound system without a sub woofer?
Yes absolutely! For the models without the subwoofer, this is simply an add-on part. For models with the subwoofer, it's a replacement part.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Enclosure features a JL Audio W0v3 8" Subwoofer. When the going gets loud, the W0v3’s are built to perform like no other woofers in their class, making them the “go to” choice for those seeking high performance from an affordable subwoofer system.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I have a 9 speaker system with the uconnect 6.5. It barely has enough power to send to the aftermarket speakers and stock sub as it is. How is this going to work if you don't add a amp?
How are you arriving at the notion that the 9 speaker system doesn't have enough power to drive the existing speakers? It has plenty of juice, no sag, no clip, and it gets loud. At least mine does. Replacing the speakers it gets even louder, keeping it at 38 would definitely do hearing damage if you tried to do that even semi-regularly.

You can get an 8 inch sub moving without being quiet or having any real power issues with a solid (read honest) 75 watts of power into a 2 ohm load.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you have any pics of it with a grill guard on yet?

Also square on from the cargo door opening so we can see how much it protrudes into the cargo space?
Hey there raz-0. We're still waiting on JL to send us the grill guards for the sub. We do not have a photo of it square from the cargo door, but it sticks out approximately an inch and a half. Let us know if you have any other questions!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fun fact if you have a trailhawk it will not fit. Learned the hard way
Hey there James. Have you contacted us about this matter? If not, our number is 562-981-6800. Sorry for the inconvenience, we look forward to hearing from you!

·
Read Only
17 Posts
On a second look it looks like the rear cargo area on the 2016 Renegades, being a different deign, are not gong to be able to use this. Is there any way to replace the siding with the 2015?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.