Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully been able to get a paint stick of this color from Mopar yet ? Is there a part number for it ? How can they sell this car without having paint available ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone successfully been able to get a paint stick of this color from Mopar yet ? Is there a part number for it ? How can they sell this car without having paint available ?
Good luck..

i gave up on the dealer. becaue they couldnt figure out the 562 on the omaha orange.

http://www.paintcircuit.com/

got 4oz of paint for 20$ canadian.

and they got the color right unlike the dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Called 5 different dealers in my area looking for the glacial metallic paint got 5 different answers.
1) My computer is hosed up I can’t find anything right now.
2) I can’t find a part number I’ll have to call corporate for a part number can I call you back (I got no call back).
3) I think your paint code is PSN but I can’t find a part number have you tried Jerry’s on Fulton.
4) The paint that you are looking for is not listed on Chrysler’s data base and therefore is not available yet.
5) I don’t have that paint in stock or a part number but if you come in and special order it I can have it here in 2 days (yea right you can special order with no part number).

Conclusion: the dealer’s in my area are still clueless when it comes to any thing Renegade.

The only reference that I could find on the internet for Renegade paint codes was in the 2015 Global Color Manual which can be found here http://www.martinsenour-autopaint.com/color-tools/oem-color-manuals.
Jeep - Renegade 348B Intellectual Gray Metallic PSN / NSN

Paint code PSN/NSN silver/gray
Ditzler PPG paint code 939774 silver gray 2015 Chrysler

I bought glacial metallic paint using the PPG code 939774 at Jerry’s Paint and Supply in Sacramento http://www.jerryspaintandsupply.com/ a perfect match. However it is not a paint pin or stick and requires a clear coat. It’s also expensive as **** 2 oz for about $18. That’s $1.152.00 per gal OUTCH.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I am going to pass this info to my dealer since he owes me the paint as part of the purchase. I still think it is odd that FCA can't get their act together and set up the paint codes in their database BEFORE shipping the cars. This is really poor planning. Are parts going to be a problem as well until the car has been sold for a few years ? I hope not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hear you royalblue I expected there to be a lack of available parts when I bought the Silver Hawk back in April but not being able to find a part number or code for the paint is just not right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer told me back in October, a week after I ordered some touchup paint, that he looked into it and was told that no touchup is in the country (USA) yet. It really is pathetic to not have paint available at the same time the vehicles are sold.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really think JeepCares should jump on this lack of paint thing. It really is pathetic that FCA can release a car and build it for a full model year and still not have the paint sticks available to order for 80 % of the colors. Shameful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.