Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ANYBODY been successful in ordering a Glacier Metallic Paint Stick from their Jeep parts department yet ? I have been trying for well over 6 months and keep getting told that there is no part number for it yet.

Come on FCA get with the program. Maybe JeepCares can find out why it is taking so long to produce a lousy paint stick. This car has been available for a year and not to have a paint stick available is ridiculous.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took me like 4 months to get alpine white. Good luck, and hope you can get yours soon.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I am glad it only took 4 months to get your paint. In my opinion there is no excuse for Jeep not to have paint available a year after the Renegade is introduced. I hope they don't have this problem with parts or this will be very bad for the brand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a tech in a collision repair shop, and actually run into this often with many different manufacturers. Generally the first year and sometimes into the second, the parts can be hard to get. It is inconvenient, but hopefully they will release yours soon. Have you tried a different dealer?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are these paint sticks to fix small factory defect paint jobs or something else?
A paint stick is to repair a rock chip which can happen often with these water based paints. The problem is FCA has not announced a part number yet so no dealer can order the paint. I was hoping JeepCares would add a comment about this. I thought they were here to help the customers !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.