Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In NYC. Just picked up my Trailhawk, note the dealership that delivered it to my dealership had added a pin stripe and door guards, I'll probably remove those.

Got the premium sound, leather, nav, and all the stuff that comes with.

Went cruising around for a while last night and I love the way it drives and sounds. I was coming from a 2005 Ford Escape and this feels like a huge upgrade.

I'm taking it on a little road trip through the Adirondacks and on some trails over Memorial Day, I'll post some pics after!

Got it from Kelly at Bay Ridge in Brooklyn if anyone is looking for one in NYC, they were pretty solid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Which one in Bay Ridge? The one on 18th Ave near 86th or the one at 5 Ave near 89th.
Oh btw, congrats.

TS

·
Registered
56 Posts
In NYC. Just picked up my Trailhawk, note the dealership that delivered it to my dealership had added a pin stripe and door guards, I'll probably remove those.

Got the premium sound, leather, nav, and all the stuff that comes with.

Went cruising around for a while last night and I love the way it drives and sounds. I was coming from a 2005 Ford Escape and this feels like a huge upgrade.

I'm taking it on a little road trip through the Adirondacks and on some trails over Memorial Day, I'll post some pics after!

Got it from Kelly at Bay Ridge in Brooklyn if anyone is looking for one in NYC, they were pretty solid.
Looking at a metallic one on purchasing right now as I think it looks great with the contrasted dark wheels.

Is the premium sound worthy of the upgrade and the subwoofer? Mine has it versus another that doesn't in red which is my second choice.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Door guards look OK to me but I agree that I would not add them given a choice. I did not notice pin stripes.

I will look forward to the mountain pics; that's very different than the southwest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at a metallic one on purchasing right now as I think it looks great with the contrasted dark wheels.

Is the premium sound worthy of the upgrade and the subwoofer? Mine has it versus another that doesn't in red which is my second choice.

Thanks for any feedback.
Yep I think the sound is worth the upgrade, sorry for the delayed reply!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Door guards look OK to me but I agree that I would not add them given a choice. I did not notice pin stripes.

I will look forward to the mountain pics; that's very different than the southwest.
Some dealers in Maryland will add door guards and mud flaps and then charge you an outrageous fee for "dealer add options". I think it is a scam.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some dealers in Maryland will add door guards and mud flaps and then charge you an outrageous fee for "dealer add options". I think it is a scam.
Yeah I found their ridiculous price tag for it stashed in my glove box, they wrote up something insane like $695 for pin stripes and door guards and some other insane price for "leather treatment". It's a good thing I didn't get the car from them because I would have laughed in their face for trying that stuff. They didn't pass along the cost to my dealership I guess.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I got the same one and was thinking of removing the hood sticker - how difficult is it to remove?
I generally don't like stripes, decals, or other stickers on my cars so I removed mine. I really like the look without the decal on my Trailhawk.

It took quite a bit of muscle to peel it off, but it did come off cleanly without any glue residue. I waited for a warm day and had the car parked in the sun. I picked at a corner until I could get hold of it and then started peeling. I followed with a normal coat of wax and you can't tell the decal was ever there.

I was concerned that I would have to remove the windshield squirters, but the decal stretched right around the squirters cleanly. I have heard that a heat gun (used cautiously) or hair dryer will help, but I used neither. I didn't want to bubble up the paint/clearcoat or melt the windshield squirters.

By the way, there is no saving the decal when you peel it off since it will distort badly or even rip. If you decide in the future to put it back on, you'll have to buy another one.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
By the way, there is no saving the decal when you peel it off since it will distort badly or even rip. If you decide in the future to put it back on, you'll have to buy another one.
That's good to know for future reference.

TS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.