Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that the Trailhawk will be a better vehicle in the long run (than the Lattitude). They have one in the showroom at my local dealer. I never went for silver cars, but this one is growing on me. It looks good with the silver and contrasting black plastic (& roof). As much as I dislike automatic transmissions, I don't think it will be a terrible buy.

For a comparison, I test drove a 500L today with the six speed just to see how the 1.5T was. It shifted really nicely and had adequate power, but it just wasn't as zippy and fun to drive as I had hoped. My guess is that the Lattitude 1.5T will drive similarly.

The Sport 4x4 I test drove did feel zippy even with the auto. I imagine that the Trailhawk will be similar (didn't drive the Trailhawk yet).

Somebody talk me into a silver Trailhawk with an automatic transmission. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And how hard is it to remove the black hood "stripe."

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm thinking that the Trailhawk will be a better vehicle in the long run (than the Lattitude). They have one in the showroom at my local dealer. I never went for silver cars, but this one is growing on me. It looks good with the silver and contrasting black plastic (& roof). As much as I dislike automatic transmissions, I don't think it will be a terrible buy.

For a comparison, I test drove a 500L today with the six speed just to see how the 1.5T was. It shifted really nicely and had adequate power, but it just wasn't as zippy and fun to drive as I had hoped. My guess is that the Lattitude 1.5T will drive similarly.

The Sport 4x4 I test drove did feel zippy even with the auto. I imagine that the Trailhawk will be similar (didn't drive the Trailhawk yet).

Somebody talk me into a silver Trailhawk with an automatic transmission. :D
There's no 1.5 turbo; its a 1.4L turbo, and it only comes with a stick. Just like the 2.4L only comes with the 9spd. You need to test both (and not in a Fiat 500L - the suspension is set up different & will feel different). The 500x is the closest you'll find to the Renegade, and even those are different set-ups.

If you want a Trailhawk, you can only get the 2.4L Auto anyway. Just wanted to point that out. I want to test-drive a 1.4L Sport/Latitude myself, because I had a Dart with the 1.4L turbo already, and I miss it. lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant the 1.4 turbo; sorry. And I know it only comes with a stick and that's what I originally wanted. I drove the 500L just to get a feel for the engine and transmission. I didn't care about the handling. And they didn't have any other "similar" models with the 1.4T and manual.

And I know the Trailhawk only comes with an automatic. I went for the Trailhawk even with the automatic since I wasn't all that impressed with the 1.4T engine although the transmission shifted beautifully.

I pick up the Trailhawk this evening. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.