Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im a huge Renegade fan and Im looking into purchasing one in the near future. The only thing holding me back seems to be the MySky and I've see all the spam about them not offering a glass option, at least not yet (fingers crossed). Some are saying it has to do with safety ratings and others are saying it would be too expensive. Just by chance I happen to be browsing another thread on here looking at links to possible accessories, and I came across a hidden gem.

BAM Wholesale Parts - Renegade-Sunroof

This company has a full bumper to bumper part lists with prices for the Renegade, and I noticed they listed information for all 3 roof options fully built. MySky runs $2668, Powered runs $3160, and the Glass roof runs $3060. Of course these are their own "discounted" prices which even if someone were interested to do a roof swap, are way more expensive than factory, but is anyone else curious enough to do some digging and contact them to find out some more information? They're located in Ohio so I wonder how they list the glass as a purchasable option.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
The removable sky panels and panoramic glass options are nice but I opted out of those. I have never known any that dont rattle, leak or cause other issue given enough time. But I have to admit that those removable panels are super cool!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The removable sky panels and panoramic glass options are nice but I opted out of those. I have never known any that dont rattle, leak or cause other issue given enough time. But I have to admit that those removable panels are super cool!!!
The rattle is only if they are not placed back on correctly. I've had mine over 6 months and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the MySky panels. I recommend them to anyone and I will admit when I see a Renegade driving I check to see if it has MySky and when they don't I laugh out loud. I understand some don't like it, and some see it as an unnecessary luxury, but they are incredible!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
So Im a huge Renegade fan and Im looking into purchasing one in the near future. The only thing holding me back seems to be the MySky and I've see all the spam about them not offering a glass option, at least not yet (fingers crossed). Some are saying it has to do with safety ratings and others are saying it would be too expensive. Just by chance I happen to be browsing another thread on here looking at links to possible accessories, and I came across a hidden gem.

BAM Wholesale Parts - Renegade-Sunroof

This company has a full bumper to bumper part lists with prices for the Renegade, and I noticed they listed information for all 3 roof options fully built. MySky runs $2668, Powered runs $3160, and the Glass roof runs $3060. Of course these are their own "discounted" prices which even if someone were interested to do a roof swap, are way more expensive than factory, but is anyone else curious enough to do some digging and contact them to find out some more information? They're located in Ohio so I wonder how they list the glass as a purchasable option.
I got the MySKY in mine and love it! IMHO MySKY is the distinguishing feature that makes a Renegade unique. It's like the soft top on the Wrangler or the ugly front end on the Cherokee.

If your dealer doesn't have it, find a new dealer who does.

·
Registered
715 Posts
This was almost my main reason to buying the Rene. Open air feel like a Wrangler, better gas mileage and still able to off-road when I want. It's rare that I don't pop my front open unless it's rainy out or the sun is directly overhead ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got the glass roof option on my Renegade. The opening front section is huge, the kids love being able to see out the roof and if the rain comes, which it does, often with its cousins, it closes at the touch of a button.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got the glass roof option on my Renegade. The opening front section is huge, the kids love being able to see out the roof and if the rain comes, which it does, often with its cousins, it closes at the touch of a button.
Same here. My kids love it (an I love it). I live in Greece where the sun is shining 350 days out of the 365 days of the year.>:D
So an open roof is quite useful and enjoyable.

Even if it rains and you have to close it, it still is very beautiful to go for a drive and watch the rain through the glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Same here. My kids love it (an I love it). I live in Greece where the sun is shining 350 days out of the 365 days of the year.>:D
So an open roof is quite useful and enjoyable.

Even if it rains and you have to close it, it still is very beautiful to go for a drive and watch the rain through the glass.
Delete "shining", insert "raining"! For the other 15 days the rain is so light we prefer to call it mist. It seems to me both our countries have too much of one thing. We should trade.

·
Registered
261 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.