Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the jeep back from the dealer, they replaced the cabin filter. (Which requires removing the glove box)

When I first opened the glove box when I got home it just slammed open, I could have sworn it had some sort of mechanism that lets it open slowly on its own.

Am I just imagining things or is it supposed to have that soft open feature? (I am assuming the dealer just installed the glove box wrong)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine is also "soft" opening. I can't see the damper, but there must be one, buried back under the plastic panels. Dealership didn't put it back on properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I got the jeep back from the dealer, they replaced the cabin filter. (Which requires removing the glove box)

When I first opened the glove box when I got home it just slammed open, I could have sworn it had some sort of mechanism that lets it open slowly on its own.

Am I just imagining things or is it supposed to have that soft open feature? (I am assuming the dealer just installed the glove box wrong)

Spitfire was correct. they broke the damper trying to replace the filter. If you get you glove box past the stopper and can see behind it, on the left side there is a track that a platstic piece on the glove box connects to and works as the damper. Same thing happened to me so i took it back in and watched them troubleshoot it. If you have a honest mechanic they should replace it at no cost. Plastic piece looked pretty weak so i imagine this is decently common if any force is applied to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts