Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed when starting your Trailhawk or any other model for that reason a glow plug warning light on the dash on non diesel engines? The warning light looks like this, this is not
a Renegade, the light shows in the bottom right corner of the Speedometer. Is it a generic dash for all Renegades?:|

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had that happen twice at start. Once by itself and another time with another icon but I wasn't paying attention to what it was. I will keep checking. I have a gasoline engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This happened to me for the first time today. It was also the first time I had remote started my 2016 Latitude trim, 2.4 Liter GASOLINE engine, Renegade.

Makes one wonder why some ingenious idiot was allowed to write ECM computer code for a physically impossible failure mode...and why that indicator light even exists in a gasoline engine.

But it IS yet more evidence of just how shoddy the electrical engineering is in these modern highly computer-dependent vehicles. Go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.