Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have on my limited 4x4 the 215/60/17 tire. From my old car (Opel Antara) I still have Goodrich AT 225/70/16. My question is, can I put these tires on my Limited without rubbing? I know, the difference in speed is about 3 km/hour more 50 = 53. But when I see the real speed compares to the speed on the ODO, it is a difference of 5 km/hour less 50 = 45 in real time. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
From the numbers you show the answer is a definitive no. Your Rene has 17" rims, and your Tires off the Opel are made for 16" rims. There is no force in nature that can make a smaller tire fit a larger wheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. I think I made my question wrong. I Dont want to put the 16" on a 17". I know that cant be done. I juist want to put 16" on my Limited. 225/70/16, Will they rub?

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the answer. I think I made my question wrong. I Dont want to put the 16" on a 17". I know that cant be done. I juist want to put 16" on my Limited. 225/70/16, Will they rub?

Thanks
I would say yes without a lift kit installed. Some people even have minor rubbing with that size tire after the lift, each vehicle is a little different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts