Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paired my SGSIII with Renegade using UConnect and it works well on SMSes and calls. When I use it for navigation with Google Maps I do not hear any message from navi system. How to forward voice from my smartphone to Jeep renegade?

Yours,

Rafal
:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also use Google nav on my phone, paired with the BT. You can only hear the navigation through the Jeeps speakers if you toggle the BT till it shows your phone. Then it will play not only the sound from navigation but also any streaming music as well. It's very cool. If the sound from the Nav is only coming through the phones speakers, you may have lost BT connectivity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for describing your situation. I have my SGSIII paired with Renegade using BT. What do you mean to "toggle the BT till it shows your phone". My BT is on always on my phone. Should I switch it off and then on sitting in the car?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for describing your situation. I have my SGSIII paired with Renegade using BT. What do you mean to "toggle the BT till it shows your phone". My BT is on always on my phone. Should I switch it off and then on sitting in the car?

Right now, you're only using your phone as the Phone option via BT. You also have to use your phone as the Media option for the navigation instructions and music to play. Click the Media button on the left of your touchscreen, then on the touchscreen choose Bluetooth as the source, and you should see your phone come up as a selection. Pick the phone, and then all audio from your phone will play through your speakers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Right now, you're only using your phone as the Phone option via BT. You also have to use your phone as the Media option for the navigation instructions and music to play. Click the Media button on the left of your touchscreen, then on the touchscreen choose Bluetooth as the source, and you should see your phone come up as a selection. Pick the phone, and then all audio from your phone will play through your speakers.
Does that mean any music you want to listen to has to be played through the phone?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does that mean any music you want to listen to has to be played through the phone?

Yes. The radio can't read two sources at once. In other words, it can't be "listening" to the antenna to play satellite music and "listening" for instruction from the phone navigation at the same time. It's one or the other. The built-in nav overlays the radio because it's essentially the same unit/source. When you use your phone navigation, if you want to hear it from your speakers, you basically have to replace the radio with your phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for a portion of advices! Yes, I have my phone turned up fully. I want only to break my radio/media by the messages from navi. As you have your experience it is not possible. Please notice my phone during connection with Jeep does not play any sound. So navi messages is "eaten" by UConnect. Maybe I can turn it on using phone speakers even when my phone is connected with UConnect?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Waze you can configure to use (or not use) the external speaker on the phone even when the phone is connected to Bluetooth. I have my Waze set up to use the phone's speaker so I can get directions and alerts whether I'm playing music or listening to Sirius XM

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for a portion of advices! Yes, I have my phone turned up fully. I want only to break my radio/media by the messages from navi. As you have your experience it is not possible. Please notice my phone during connection with Jeep does not play any sound. So navi messages is "eaten" by UConnect. Maybe I can turn it on using phone speakers even when my phone is connected with UConnect?
The only way that your phone navigation instructions will interrupt your music is if you are playing the music from your phone. The phone can only interrupt the other apps on the phone. It can't interrupt the satellite radio or the regular radio or other media (like a USB plugged in with music).

You can listen to your radio or other media on the jeep speakers and get phone navi instructions from the phone speakers (so you're hearing both at the same time) .. OR .. you can use your phone as your media and listen to phone music that will be interrupted by the phone navi instructions.

It sounds like what you want (and everybody would probably want) is to listen to the radio or other media AND have the phone interrupt that audio with phone navi instructions. From my understanding and experience, this is not possible. If someone else has been able to make that happen, I'd love to know how.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.