Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love it!

I got the manual because its way more fun to drive than an automatic.

I do have a couple minor issues. The My Sky seems kind of iffy. The sales person was not able to get the front panel off at first, we had to bring it around to the service department where they finally got it off, it seemed kind of hard to put it back on correctly. Then the next day I took both panels off, drove around for a while and put them back on. The back panel was no issue but the front took a bit to finesse it back in. Then I took it to a carwash. I had no issues with leaks but at the end they used one of those super high power blowers to dry the car and I heard a bit of a whistle. Then about a half mile down the road the latch popped on the front panel and I had to pull over and relatch it, which once again took a bit of finesse to get it back in. I drove around for a bit after that and opened the sunroof with no issues but it has me a bit worried.

The other issue is the Beats system. I read on here it that a lot of people were having issues with it. I dont have the best hearing so it was hard for me to tell but the back speakers seem pretty weak compared to the front. I had a friend listen to it and he said the back speakers seemed to be not as loud as the front but did not think it was a big deal. I read here there was an update for it but it only came out a few weeks ago, So when the dealership opens I will call them and ask if the update was done or not.

Other than those two little things I could not be happier

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is a TSB/software fix for the Beats audio system. If you just bought it, I would have thought they would have installed that already. Second issue with the Beats system has nothing to do with Beat (actually, the whole system has nothing to do with Beats except the name and anyone who thinks Beats = good sound quality hasn't heard those overpriced headphones)...the speakers aren't good quality.
I don't have the My sky, so I won't comment there...
Other than that, it is a fun car to drive and welcome to the Renegade owners club!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Which is nice! :)
Replacing the speakers is pretty easy and won't break the bank. I replace the dash and front door speakers in my 6 speaker system, both with Kicker brand speakers and got:
1. Higher sensitivity, so more volume
2. less "tinny" high end
3. Some actual bass and less distortion

·
Registered
607 Posts
Awesome! post pictures! I got that manual transmission too - so much more fun. I got the beats audio as well, it is much better than the basic system (I compared both before I bought mine). If you go into your audio settings you can balance the sound using the fader and equalizer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi

I got exactly the same version and colour as you but in the UK !

I can second the fiddly MySky roof panels as it's Day 2 and I tried them for the first time. To get out is easy, but our European manual offers zero advice on re-fitting. By trial and error we found out the finesse required is to put them in on an angle and then lock in. Was a little challenge at first but I had some help to get them in. I'm hoping it gets easier. But the experience with them out is fantastic and not like what I've experienced before - the sun and air hitting inside the cabin and passengers getting a much better view. Would never want a fixed head version now. Time will tell if we have issues with seals etc, but we have the limited warranty. It looked 50/50 on issues front, from what I could tell looking at the roof design, but it is a Jeep and not a 'nice car'.

Congrats on getting this fantastic Jeep and keep in touch with updates on how you are getting on.

Jon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum from upstate NY. I also had the dealership update the Beats/radio software and replace the rear driver side speaker. Otherwise it rides/operates like a charm now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.