Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out my new car needed a new tranny! Build date is 01/15 and at about 800 miles, it started making a clanking noise when I would shift it into gear. The dealership said that definitely wasn't right, but when I mentioned how it felt like it shifted clumsily and it surged in and out of gear all the time, they had me convinced it was normal for these new automatic 9 speed transmissions. I thought I was going to hate this car because of it! Well, they ended up installing a new tranny and now not only is the clanking gone, but also the surging and clumsy shift patterns! Much better, smoother shifting now! SO happy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had it for 2 weeks the first time I brought it in, and during that time they ran a bunch of diagnostics and decided to replace the rear transmission mount thinking that was the problem. A few days after I got it home I knew the problem wasn't resolved so I returned it to the dealer. Then they decided to replace the entire transmission unit. They ordered the part on a Friday and it arrived the next Thursday. It took them about another week to install it. The dealership was Palmen Motors in Kenosha WI and they are great! I found out they literally had to pull the engine and take apart the front end to do the work so I really can't complain about the time it took.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They had it for 2 weeks the first time I brought it in, and during that time they ran a bunch of diagnostics and decided to replace the rear transmission mount thinking that was the problem. A few days after I got it home I knew the problem wasn't resolved so I returned it to the dealer. Then they decided to replace the entire transmission unit. They ordered the part on a Friday and it arrived the next Thursday. It took them about another week to install it. The dealership was Palmen Motors in Kenosha WI and they are great! I found out they literally had to pull the engine and take apart the front end to do the work so I really can't complain about the time it took.
I'm happy your transmission didn't take long to come in. The next fix on my Renegade is a brand new transmission. I wish they had just done that in the beginning as they have replaced the valve body and wiring harness, and I think there may be an issue with the BCM, all of which would have been replaced by ordering a new transmission, but tech line is telling my mechanics to do everything but that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.