Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Wednesday (June 18th), I took my Reney back to the dealership because my door locks wouldn't work. They told it was the computer module and a new one would have to be ordered. Turns out (from this board forum) that this a very common issue with the Reney. Yadda, yadda, yadda... I took it back yesterday (June 26th) for them to replace the module under warranty and it took them 8 hours!!! What the ****?!!! :mad:

Not only that, but after I left the dealership, I realized they didn't reset my clock OR my date on the dashboard. :mad:

Once I got home, I reviewed my bill which was thankfully under warranty:

Computer Module: $520.00
Miscellaneous: $ 19.00
Labor: $165.00
Taxes: $ 37.56
Total: $741.56

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I hope to God this is the last of my issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sad thing is, they say they replaced the module and will charge back to the manufacture the amount on the bill for warranty work, ......... but did they really replace the module as they said?

Have had family members work at dealerships service departments and all say they are as crooked as a winding road when it comes to service charges. Twice, I personally have caught a dealer charging me for an oil filter change, and got home to find my old filthy oil filter still there. How many people don't check like I do? Personally, I don't trust them an inch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sad thing is, they say they replaced the module and will charge back to the manufacture the amount on the bill for warranty work, ......... but did they really replace the module as they said?

Have had family members work at dealerships service departments and all say they are as crooked as a winding road when it comes to service charges. Twice, I personally have caught a dealer charging me for an oil filter change, and got home to find my old filthy oil filter still there. How many people don't check like I do? Personally, I don't trust them an inch.
Chrysler is especially keen for the old parts back. So if a part isn't installed there is no old part to send back and the warranty paid claim is denied. If the QCC (Quality Control Center) gets a brand new part shipped to them, there is an altogether new hades raised at the dealership on a corporate level usually followed with an audit.

I can't speak for your family members, but it's in everyone's best interest to make sure the parts get on the car, and correctly.:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure about the warranty part of this, but you have every right to ask for your old parts. I have done this several times when the diagnosis is questionable. Being this was a warranty thing, they could give you an excuse that they must send the bad part back to the factory.

Going back to my post the other night, this is just the tip of the iceberg. When everything on the car is computerized or electronic, down to the emergency brake, the cost of maintenance down the road will be high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure about the warranty part of this, but you have every right to ask for your old parts. I have done this several times when the diagnosis is questionable. Being this was a warranty thing, they could give you an excuse that they must send the bad part back to the factory.

Going back to my post the other night, this is just the tip of the iceberg. When everything on the car is computerized or electronic, down to the emergency brake, the cost of maintenance down the road will be high.
ALL warranty parts HAVE to go back to Chrysler. Period, or the dealer doesn't get paid for the work. And we don't work for free if we can help it. It's that simple of a fact, not an excuse. If you need proof of work done photos can be taken but Chrysler will have the part in the end if it's warranty. Some customer pay work parts have core charges on them as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts

If you paid for it, yes. As warranty, no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.