Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you have to deflate your tires for the sand?

And my first trip will be home... once I get my blue TH :)
Deflated to 15 psi. Worked perfectly. Giant suburbans were stuck all around me. I just zipped on by. Then I went back and helped them out. ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just drove 12 hours to Hamilton Montana and 12 hours back to Rockerville SD. Loved my renegade every step of the way except Wyoming had 25 ft visibility in a blizzard. My four wheel drive kept it straight and true though:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
A drive from Pittsburgh to York might be in the works. It would be nice to see how well the smurf toaster does with some high mileage driving.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
We are making plans for our trip from Rhode Island to Florida to visit friends. It is about 1400 miles one way. Last time we did this we put 4200 miles on our Ford Focus. Should be fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Road Trip?

So a friend and I both are planning on taking a road trip out west. Tentatively we're looking at June 2nd through the 14th. Since we're coming out from GA it's gonna be a bit of a haul but we do plan on making a few stops along the way. Is there anything you all would suggest as a must see/do in the following cities/stops:
• St. Louis
•Denver
•Moab (plan on trying out the stock TH)
•Vegas
•LA/ San Diego
•Grand Canyon
•Albuquerque
•San Antonio
•New Orleans

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just outside of Denver is Mt. Evans. The road to the top is the highest paved road in North America. The views are beautiful so bring a camera, you might just get the photo of the month with your Renny at the top of the world. Bring a coat too, it will be chilly. They generally open the road around Memorial Day. Other options would be the Coors Brewery Tour in Golden or a visit to the Mother Cabrini Shrine is nice if you're in a contemplative mood. Mt. Evans is the furthest from the center of Denver and that's still only a half day trip at the most.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Just finished a 2 week, 3,420 mile trip from Rhode Island to Florida and back. The Renegade performed flawlessly. It was a very comfortable ride, great on the highway and in traffic. The only complaint or annoyance is the small fuel tank. Our mileage was great with an average of 29.1 for the entire trip. The best we did was 33.6 and the least was 26.7 (50/50 city/highway, 4 adults, air conditioning full time). One thing I did notice is how the condiditon of the road affects mileage. On our return we dropped 2 mpg when we entered South Carolina from Georgia. Route 95 in most of South Carolina is pretty worn out but northbound seemed worse than it was southbound. When we got to North Carolina we got our 2 mpg back. One thing that surprised me was how close the avg mpg was to actual. We kept track of our fuel usage manually and it was real close to the Renegade avg calculation.

When we got to the end of the New Jersey Turnpike we came to a standstill. We thought there was a major accident but it turned out to be bridge repaving. There appeared to be at least 10-12 toll booths funneling down to 1 lane. We actually sat talking to the toll collector for 25 five minutes, it took 40 minutes to get that far from first slowing down and another 45-50 minutes to get past the construction 1 1/2 miles down the road. There was absolutely no warning of any construction so we could have taken an alternate route. We sailed right thru New York City, that is where I expected a slow down. Despite the NJ Turnpike fiasco it was a great trip.

Buying the Renegade was a good decision. I am in the process of setting it up for doing some surf fishing. I just got my fishing rod holder today for the roof rack. I am thinking about a trip to the Outer Banks to do some fishing. Also have a trip planned next month to Vermont and maybe Canada. The Renegade can definitely handle long trips comfortably. I like it. There is now 14,650 miles on our Renegade.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I drove 3.5 hours to Gatlinburg, TN and enjoyed the Smokey Mountain motor trail and some very fun, winding, and steep mountain back roads. I also ran into a Commando TH downtown and got a wave, probably the first TH I've ran into besides mine.

I really wanted to take the Parson's Branch Road trail, but ran out of time, as coming out at the end of that would've put me on a 5hr return drive.
Outdated post I know, but are these offroad spots all around Gatlinburg? My wife loves going up there, and we go every year for a couple days to get away. This is my first time with a "fun" vehicle so id like to go exploring, thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stumbled on this thread and thought I would keep it going. Assuming my windshield doesnt completely crack, my radio screen stays lit and my reverse doesnt goof up again (rough start with my Renegade so far) I will be leaving Saturday from Indy down to the Corvette museum in Ky, then down to Nashville through to Atlanta for a work conference. When that wraps up Thursday heading to Charleston and up the coast eventually heading inland on Sunday and back home. Had planned to tale my new Ram but since I unexpectedly picked this up I thought it may be more fun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

since changing tires (Cooper AT3) few weeks ago, started doing some trips on weekends discovering nice places and Jeep capabilities. I don't have much practice doing videos, with time I hope will go better.
Also a little of nature from my country for those (majority on this forum I assume) of you, not familiar with.
first four on http://www.mojvideo.com/uporabnik/jutro.tisto/video
http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=setCurrentSpatialArtifact&id=13071612
http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=setCurrentSpatialArtifact&id=13134522

·
Registered
36 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I took my jeep from Dallas to Galveston. No problems, nice ride and average 26/mpg. The only off roading involved was a little driving on the beach.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Next available good weather Sunday: Eastern Ohio day trip. Back roads from Cleveland flats to East Liverpool down at the River, follow the river for a while, cut down thru Wayne Nat'l Forest, where twisty roads means lots of shifting, head over to Marietta, and back to Cleveland. Stopping at points of interest and taking binoculars while in the Alleghany area. Pics to come.

Reactions: Bund2slo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Outdated post I know, but are these offroad spots all around Gatlinburg? My wife loves going up there, and we go every year for a couple days to get away. This is my first time with a "fun" vehicle so id like to go exploring, thanks.
Sorry, I don't check here as often as I should... :).

If you're willing to go a little out of the way, I've heard great things about Parson's Branch Road like I mentioned before. I think its roughly an hour away, but its a nice, scenic trail that comes out near Tail of the Dragon.

I haven't been myself, but it's on my list the next time we hit Gatlinburg. You can google it for a lot more info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Drove 1,200 miles from Denver to the Grand Tetons in my 2016 TH. The Jeep performed as expected, comfortable ride that averaged 24.5 MPH. I did some mild off-roading but most of the time was on pavement. The only shortcoming is cargo space but I put my cargo carrier on the back and had all the space I needed. Heading out to N & S Dakota in about a week and expect that the Jeep will give everything that I need.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry, I don't check here as often as I should... :).

If you're willing to go a little out of the way, I've heard great things about Parson's Branch Road like I mentioned before. I think its roughly an hour away, but its a nice, scenic trail that comes out near Tail of the Dragon.

I haven't been myself, but it's on my list the next time we hit Gatlinburg. You can google it for a lot more info.
Good deal, thanks for the info. We usually go up there in the fall, ill have to look into it this year.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Next available good weather Sunday: Eastern Ohio day trip. Back roads from Cleveland flats to East Liverpool down at the River, follow the river for a while, cut down thru Wayne Nat'l Forest, where twisty roads means lots of shifting, head over to Marietta, and back to Cleveland. Stopping at points of interest and taking binoculars while in the Alleghany area. Pics to come.
PIC: 1250' drop to the Ohio River at Keidaisch Point near Hannibal Ohio. Ohio to the left, WV to the right.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts