Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellow Renegades,

I love my 2015 Renegade. However I can't seem to fix one small quirk with the GPS: It seems to think that every highway I'm on is somehow "Restricted" and keeps trying to boot me off onto a secondary, much slower road.

Anyone else experience this and if so, how on earth do I fix it?

Thanks,

-Primo

·
Banned
64 Posts
I'll have to look at mine for the exact location of the setting but it sounds like a setting got changed to "Avoid Freeways" which is not one of the default settings that get enabled. From memory, I believe it's somewhere under the Options button on top of the Map view screen. There are other options like avoid toll roads, etc. I guess avoid freeways is for those who are afraid to drive on the freeways.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I guess avoid freeways is for those who are afraid to drive on the freeways.
I know people that have or had classic cars etc and prefer to drive off the motorway and drive on A roads and B roads to enjoy the views and experience the pleasure of the said classic.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Oh yeah. Over here there have been head units that look retro for classic cars. A summer afternoon in a classic Alfa blatting down some back road, it doesn't get any better. Unless you have a Jeep Renegade.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Good morning fellow Renegades,

I love my 2015 Renegade. However I can't seem to fix one small quirk with the GPS: It seems to think that every highway I'm on is somehow "Restricted" and keeps trying to boot me off onto a secondary, much slower road.

Anyone else experience this and if so, how on earth do I fix it?

Thanks,

-Primo
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

I turned off lane recommendation under the options menu and it stopped
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Thanks for the posting, good information. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.