Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Which update -- regarding what? The Uconnect 4C NAV system? Not as far as I know. I'm waiting for that, along with several other people on here.

What do you mean "Green Bar at 75mph"?

·
Registered
2021 Renegade 80th Anniversary 4x4
3 Posts
Which update -- regarding what? The Uconnect 4C NAV system? Not as far as I know. I'm waiting for that, along with several other people on here.

What do you mean "Green Bar at 75mph"?
He means this:

I haven’t seen a solution as of yet. Still waiting for this myself.

·
Registered
2021 Renegade 80th Anniversary 4x4
3 Posts
I haven't seen that. or noticed it. What exactly is it? Some kind of speed warning? Because I've certainly driven my 2021 Trailhawk faster than 75 MPH...
I don’t think it happens on all models. It seems to be linked to models with built in navigation, but I’m not 100% sure. It’s the same green bar that comes up when using the nav system to tell you how many more miles until a turn. Honestly, I just use CarPlay for nav, so I never see it except when it glitches out at 75mph.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I don’t think it happens on all models. It seems to be linked to models with built in navigation, but I’m not 100% sure. It’s the same green bar that comes up when using the nav system to tell you how many more miles until a turn.
Well, my 2021 Trailhawk has the Uconnect 4C NAV system -- so built-in nav. I've never seen that green bar.

Oh, wait. There's a similar green bar that does come up with the turn-by-turn display:

The turn-by-turn display that a lot of us are having trouble with because it doesn't cancel consistently. But that doesn't have anything to do with speed, I don't think...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, my 2021 Trailhawk has the Uconnect 4C NAV system -- so built-in nav. I've never seen that green bar.

Oh, wait. There's a similar green bar that does come up with the turn-by-turn display:

View attachment 2396351481

The turn-by-turn display that a lot of us are having trouble with because it doesn't cancel consistently. But that doesn't have anything to do with speed, I don't think...
My 2021 TH does the same, with one addition. Can only SXM favorites to show for about 10 minutes. Radio will notify me of a fovorite being on but when I try to find it, it is not listed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My 2021 TH does the same, with one addition. Can only SXM favorites to show for about 10 minutes. Radio will notify me of a fovorite being on but when I try to find it, it is not listed.
You mean the pre-set SiriusXM channels? I haven't noticed the same issue on our Uconnect 4C NAV. But I usually keep SXM on one single channel all the time. (68/Spa, if you must know.) I've got other favorites programmed; I just checked, and they're still there since April when we bought the Trailhawk. So I can't help you with that...

Regarding the intermittent turn-by-turn problem, see this thread:

You're about the umpteenth person with a 2021 Uconnect 4C NAV system who's brought up this issue. I would strongly advise you to do what I recommend in Post #75...

·
Registered
46 Posts
By favorites I mean artist and songs. They will show as playing on the upper left of the screen, but when I go to select them nothing there. I just turned off the repeat like you suggested. Thanks it helped.

·
Registered
799 Posts
By favorites I mean artist and songs. They will show as playing on the upper left of the screen, but when I go to select them nothing there.
Oh, that. You know, I've never noticed that, or played with it. I always keep the NAV map up, even when not navigating -- I'm kind of a map nerd.

I just tried it out. So it shows this screen when playing...

...and this on the dashboard mini-display:

Then when I push the starred "Fav" button on the main screen, it shows this "Favorites" pop-up...

Once I've acknowledged that as a favorite, I can access this screen:

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that, though. It's not like the radio station or SXM channel is going to play my favorites whenever I want... Oh, wait... does it alert me whenever my favorites are playing...? :unsure: Or switch to them automatically?

I just turned off the repeat like you suggested. Thanks it helped.
You mean the turn-by-turn on the mini-display? I still keep it on, because I like to see how far away I am from a turn -- particularly when there are a couple intersections in quick succession. I just have to remember to cancel it with the OK button when it gets stuck.

But have you reported the issue to Jeep?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Last picture: if you touch it it should go to that station and play the song. My starred ones do not always show up, even if one is playing. Totally understand that one of my favorites will not always be on air.

Yes the turn-byturn in the mini display. Went and turned it back on as well.

For the green bar, I am just setting the cruise to 74.

Jeep dealer is was notified of the problem. No updates yet.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Last picture: if you touch it it should go to that station and play the song.
Yeah. Specifically, as far as I can tell, it'll give you a visual -- or visual and audible -- alert the next time the song is paying... on that channel...?

I assume you'd then have to punch a screen button to switch to that channel and listen... I doubt it would switch automatically, in case you liked the song that you were currently listening to better...

For the green bar, I am just setting the cruise to 74
So OP's original "Green Bar at 75mph" was indeed a speed warning? I assume that can be adjusted in the settings...

Jeep dealer is was notified of the problem. No updates yet.
So you didn't get a reply, or they told you there are no updates to the software?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Green bar is not a speed warning as I shut that feature off. Also at 76 it is not there.
Dealer told me no software updates at this time. They are aware of the green bar issue and hope to get an update from JEEP soon.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Green bar is not a speed warning as I shut that feature off. Also at 76 it is not there.
Dealer told me no software updates at this time. They are aware of the green bar issue and hope to get an update from JEEP soon.
So it's still not clear to me (happens a lot) what that "green bar" is or was. I've never seen it, and have certainly driven the Trailhawk faster than 75.

Does it only pop up at exactly 75 mph?

Oh, and your dealer tells you the long-awaited software fix (hopefully) for the turn-by-turn issue hasn't come out yet?? :confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Green bar at 75 with cruise on will randomly show up, 74 nothing, 76 nothing.

software fix is still not out according to the dealer.

As for the favorites thing, it worked the full 30 minute drive to work yesterday, the ride home not at all.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Turn Nav Repetition off in the setting of the cluster and itll make it stop, but not a permanent fix.
You mean for the turn-by-turn feature, of course -- that's not the topic of this thread. Yes, we've been discussing that in other threads. I don't want to disable the feature, because I find it useful. I'm just waiting for a software update that will fix the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You mean for the turn-by-turn feature, of course -- that's not the topic of this thread. Yes, we've been discussing that in other threads. I don't want to disable the feature, because I find it useful. I'm just waiting for a software update that will fix the issue.
Yea this is related to the green bar at 75. Turning nav repetition off makes it stop....
So for those who drive 75 a lot may like fix as i did.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts