Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i'm jeff from buffalo...

after a several month quest of finding a car that was a stick, 4wd and able to fit my drums i ended up with a 2016 renegade sport. i picked it up wednesday after trading in my heavily modified 2007 vw rabbit and my 2008 ranger.

so far i love it, the 1.4t i thought was going to be a dog but really surprised me. as my friends will tell you i can't leave anything alone, so I've already started planning and working on mods.

first on the list is window tint, i made the appointment yesterday for the 24th( my work schedule and band schedule is a pain to work around).

next is some place to mount my cb and an antenna that isn't a magnet because they're junk and make your car look like an rc car. i have an idea for the antenna mount and i'll post stuff later on, i plan to to work on it today.

tires need to go, needs spacers(atleast on the rear) and i want a spare.

and this I'm still undecided about this but a light bar above the windshield. i've been browsing the forums for the last few days and it looks like i'll have to fab a bracket.

nice to meet everyone and here it is.

Attachments

· Registered
604 Posts
Welcome! I grew up in West Seneca, moved to Raleigh, NC about 15 years ago after graduating from UB. I had my first Renegade test drive in a black 4x4 Latitude at West Herr CJD in Orchard Park while I was visiting my family up there last summer. I bought my 1.4 Latitude a couple weeks later after returning to NC.

I'll be interested to hear how you end up doing the CB. I used to run one in my '88 Nissan 200SX back in my heavy road-tripping days in the early '00s. I used a glass-mount antenna on the rear hatch glass and it worked pretty well. These days, I wasn't sure if even the truckers were still using them as heavily as they used to. And with tools like Waze to help with speed traps and traffic, I haven't bothered with a CB in years.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm going to be fabricating it out of stainless and attaching it to the two bolts that hold the hood on, which should provide enough of a ground. i had one in my vw and ranger and both in a position where you wouldn't even know they were there. as for their popularity, it has certainly diminished over the years but seeing as i am a truck driver for a certain buffalo based grocery company, i spend most of my time with one and like having it out on the road.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks outdoorgirl.

that is a negative on the stadium, but a certain white and red diamond should be a big hint. hahahaha

i started fabbing the bracket and ran into an issue with the cowl, so instead of doing major trimming on my brand new car, i went to home depot(cause the metal shop was already closed) and started on plan b. i need to pick up a 45 degree connector for the coax and a coax due to some tight space but i'll have it finished in the next few days and i'll have pictures up shortly after. plus i'm not sure which radio i'm going to use or where i'm going to put it, but that's the easy part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.