Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Day two with my Latitude 6-speed (no bells or whistles). It’s a bit of a transition from my rock-solid 2007 VW Rabbit, but we all have to grow up sometime. It’s a big change for me. I’m almost past the white-knuckle stage.

WHAT’S TO LIKE: More height and road clearance. Same footprint (+2”) as my VW. Cargo space (will be retrofitting to be a camper/sleeper). 4-doors (WOW). 6-speeds (VW had 5). Shifting from 1st to 2nd much smoother. Nice to have so much power train to play with; relearning how to hyper-mile. Feels substantial on the road; not as self-defensive as with my VW. Satellite radio promo (boy was I tired of my iPod). Ability to switch channels on steering wheel. Intelligent cruise control setup. Damned pretty to look at.

NOT SO MUCH: Didn’t realize cars had morphed into smart phones. Don’t trust the parking brake functionality…sometimes it grabs on an incline, sometimes not. I miss my brake handle. Smallish field of view/blind spots…I’ve gone from a fishbowl to a visor, but am adjusting. Can’t see my feet as the hood projects out much farther than the VW (will I be hitting squirrels and cats I never knew were there?). Feels like a tank, but I was driving a ninja guppy before, so am not too surprised. Front seat storage very slim (my binoculars take up all the door space, very sad).

I feel the love overtaking me, though. Did I mention it’s COMMANDO GREEN? (which I learned is being discontinued in 2016…glad I didn’t wait because COLOR is EVERYTHING).

Glad to have found this forum. So looking forward to learning stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey txjeeper35...good spot! I think I got a glimpse of a Renegade on the road a month ago, but other than that, crickets. I myself had to wait 5 months for the dealership to get a standard on the lot to test drive. I knew I had to do something quick, because KIA's were starting to look good to me.

It was worth the wait, though.

Congrats on yours! Post pics when you get it, OK?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mrsig / kevinfourlegs / flash75 / Blue. Having a ton of fun in the forums so far.

Blue, will look for you. You should be easy to spot...your blue is BLUE!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.