Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just want to say hello from over the pond. I'm a Jeep (Wrangler) guy since 2003, when I bought a then new TJ which was heavily modified directly after the purchase. Now, eleven years later, I own my third Wrangler, a '13 JK Diesel Moab and just have sold my 2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon V6.
After selling the JKU I'm now in the market for some vehicle for the daily 60miles commute. I don't want to take it offroad, as I take the Wrangler for that purpose.
At first I had my eyes on something like a Volkswagen Golf Diesel, but now I kind of like the idea that a Jeep would fit my street-only needs also. The 1.6 Diesel Renegade would be a perfect match for me.
I guess I will wait with the purchase a few month more, so if there are any start-up issues with this new series, they have enough time to fix them...

Cheers,
Thorty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! How does a TDI golf compare cost wise with Renegade?
that depends on which trim level you choose. The Renegade 1.6 CRD with 120HP MT (front wheel drive only, ~50MPG) starts at 23600 EURO (Longitude, tax incl) and a fully loaded Renegade Trailhawk 2.0 170HP AWD 9speed AT with all the bells and whistles tops out at 36k EUR.
A Golf TDI is in the same range, starting at just over 20k EUR (1.6 TDI 105hp) and can be pushed beyond 40k EUR for the top notch Diesel Golf.

I don't need most of the accessories, but cruise control, A/C and HID-lighting have to be 100%. The 120HP Renegade Longitude would be just perfect, but you can't get it with the HID option so the Limited would be the one fitting all my needs. The msrp for the 1.6 CRD Limited would be at 26k EUROs.

Another point is, you can find a Golf at every corner, sometimes there are driving 4 or 5 in a row since it is the most selling car in Germany since allmost 40 years. On the one hand that is pretty boring, on the other hand you can get technical assistance everywhere. A Jeep here in Germany ist totaly exotic, only few dealers can be found across the whole country. And most of them have a Fiat-history, the simply have no clue when it comes to Jeep-specific problems.

But I'm totaly Jeep-adicted, member of Jeep Club Germany since the day I drive my first Jeep out of the dealer lot. So let's see, where the journey goes...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.