Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Greetings from Upstate NY

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  kevinfourlegs 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Though my wife and I have been keenly interested in the Renegade since its US release, we never fully pursued the purchase of one. There was always plausible deniability...you know the excuses: wrong trim level or color, not optioned the way we wanted, etc. (Yes we are the folks you see cruising dealer lots on Sunday looking for the "perfect" match.) That was until this past Monday. There, sitting in the dealer's lot, fresh off the transport, was the solar yellow TH of our dreams. A few short hours later it was ours. Happily the car lives up to expectations, and is blast to own and drive. What amazes me the most is the advanced technology in these cars, when compared to previous years. (Our last new car purchases were a 2010 Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Challenger R/T)

In any case, I am glad to be part of this community (been lurking since June '15) and look forward to sharing experiences and insights with all of you.

Reactions: LittleRedJeep
#8 ·
Cool! My parents and one of my brothers went to college at SUNY Fredonia. My parents met there. My mother's family is from Dunkirk, and we lived there with my grandparents for awhile when I was growing up. My grandfather was the superintendent of Dunkirk Elementary Schools for many years and still lives off Central Ave. I visit once or twice a year. My uncle is a Chautauqua County sheriff's deputy.

#9 ·
I may be dating myself, but I'm a proud 1970 FHS graduate. My parents lived on Temple St. until their passing (the house I grew up in) and I still have cousins living in Dunkirk. Though I don't get out to WNY as much as I would like, I am still a die-hard Bills and Sabres fan.

#10 ·
Ha, me too, although I tend to follow the Carolina Hurricanes more closely than the Sabres these days. At one time I lived only a couple miles from the PNC Arena in Raleigh.

I graduated from UB in 2000 and moved away immediately, like many did in those days. It seems to be better now, my youngest brother just graduated from UB Engineering this year, and he's staying in Buffalo. Out of 4 brothers, he's the first one to stay.

Love the username. My family was always a Mopar family, especially the Dunkirk branch. We used to go to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus every year. My grandfather and uncle currently have matching red A-Body Barracudas, and my grandfather has a '73 Barracuda as well.

#12 ·
Those are some fine cars...in my youth I briefly had a '69 Plymouth GTX, but sadly had to sell it (could keep up with the payments as a struggling undergraduate).

Great choice of school as well...I earned my MBA from UB (while the Business school was still downtown).

My wife and I have been long time Moparites. Currently she has a '10 Jeep Wrangler (which she is very attached to and doesn't want to upgrade); my hobby car is a '10 supercharged Dodge Challenger R/T and the dog's car (the one she gets chauffeured around in style) is the TH. (This is an upgrade from a '11 Compass. Just sold my other show car, a '01 PT Cruiser LE) since we wanted to downsize from 4 to 3 vehicles.

Reactions: GoodLad
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.