Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2015 turbo-charged, manual Renegade at the end of December. I'm already considering my options for modifications.

1. I HATE the UConnect touchscreen interface so I'm looking for ideas on flashing a different on-board system that doesn't compromise the usability of all the other features. This is probably the longest term project I am thinking of pursuing and will need much input. Ideally, I want direct connection to Pandora which currently isn't fully accessible because it runs directly through Bluetooth and I don't see UConnect adding in an app anytime soon. They have a Yelp app, which I will NEVER use. The touchscreen itself is not always responsive and the voice recognition has not been working well for me. Driving a manual, I need full accessibility without the use of my hands which I currently don't have.

2. I got the white one, because it was the only one available in my city that checked the majority of my boxes. I was going to get it painted the olive color, but now I see the graphite paint job that is on the Hand of Justice? limited edition model so I might go with that to mimic the look (plus I'm a huge Batman fan). Going that direction, I would also get the roof painted black.

3. Dark window tint is a must in Vegas. My Renny came with a light tint which boggles my mind as I had to pay extra for some dealer liberties that included a UV resistant clear coat on my paint. ::rolls eyes::

4. I'm hoping as time passes that a tow mod will surface and maybe a 4x4 upgrade (I'm not auto savvy enough to know if that's feasible, yet)

5. I'm already looking at decals to mimic the trailhawk look (all the look, none of the cost). I've also been considering a zombie motif (named her after me, complete with vanity plates).

That's all I'm thinking about for now. If anyone has any productive input, feel free.

Chao,
Zombrie

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome!

Custom colored car wrap might save you some money compared to paint.
I'm pretty sure a tow kit/package is available through mopar. I'm interested in one myself.
Not sure what you mean by 4x4 upgrade. Is yours a front wheel drive model?

·
Registered
228 Posts
BlueDemon is right, a full body wrap is the way to go. A much cheaper option, and you can return to a white car if you ever wish, for free!
Have a look at Volcano Sand for colour?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.