Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love it!
My dealer was great, on a very rainy day I went to look at this car for the first time, they pulled it into service so I could sit in it, and look all over it, taking my time. I didn't want to drive it on a rainy day until I knew where everything was, and really wasn't in the mood to deal with rain...(silly as that sounds.)

Took delivery yesterday, drove it home, and added a few miles to the odometer. Even my radio station engineer, a very TALL man was able to both ride and drive comfortably, he's 6'4" if I recall. He told me it's the first vehicle he's driven with enough height in the front window that he's not staring into the roof, and may actually have to use a visor for the first time in years!

REALLY like the small features like the lighted door pockets, the exterior turn light, the Uconnect 6.5 sounds very nice (but...can't handle full signal on an AM station when under the towers, (BUMMER...I can't use the car for "tweaking" our AM stereo sound) but the audio system is quite satisfactory!

I'm transitioning from a 2005 Jeep Liberty with a stickshift 6-speed. My last "lifetime car" ....loved EVERY thing about it including the much improved mileage over the comparable automatic version.

We'll be getting this logo'd for the radio station, trying to decide on a 'wrap" vs. the window vinyl which you can see through to the OUTSIDE but from the outside, it's solid, "no see in".....anyone ever work with those on vehicles and have a comment on which is bet? (window vinyl was fine in the old Jeep's two stationary windows.)

Looking forward to first full day with the new member of the radio station family...and plenty of time to sit inside and play!

Oh, and thanks for having the forum! Sorry, I get wordy...it's in a radio man's blood!

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nearing the 100 mile mark. Fun!
Thanks for the welcomes!
Love the Jeep so far! Hope nobody finds it an insult, but one of our station employees called it, "Jeep-Car" so, it's name is "J.C."

Need to post over in the "electronics" part of this great forum:

We've found (relative to my post above) that AM C-quam (analog stereo) broadcasting kicks the AM into a HORRIBLE sounding AM as it tries to lock a nonexistent HD signal. Will post over there. Looking for some kind of "shut off" for ALL HD at least on AM, FM too is fine. I'm an AM broadcaster, and I thought something was wrong, but it's the radio's THINKING our 5kw AM has HD. Thank GOD it doesn't! (AM HD really is a dis-service)...hoping after seeing notes on the web about this that there's a way to sub-menu kill the HD, and keep analog running on all AM and FM....

First ever NEW car. GREAT choice, finding tons of fun stuff on this I didn't expect.

Again, thanks and GLAD to be here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.