Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it's possible to switch grills/mirror covers/roof racks at the dealership, even for a cost? After much deliberation I've decided to purchase a limited, however I'd like the grill and exterior trim pieces of the Trailhawk. Is this something that the dealer will likely be able to change? I know that the entire front bumper has to come off to change the grill so I won't be doing that myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to switch grills/mirror covers/roof racks at the dealership, even for a cost? After much deliberation I've decided to purchase a limited, however I'd like the grill and exterior trim pieces of the Trailhawk. Is this something that the dealer will likely be able to change? I know that the entire front bumper has to come off to change the grill so I won't be doing that myself.
Yes, they should be able to. My dealer will be changing the black grille on my Longitude for a silver one when it arrives. They just ordered it as an accessory and will swap it over when it comes in. They're just charging me for the parts and are fitting it for free.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they should be able to. My dealer will be changing the black grille on my Longitude for a silver one when it arrives. They just ordered it as an accessory and will swap it over when it comes in. They're just charging me for the parts and are fitting it for free.
wow awesome! I'll be trying to work this out. Do you know how much is what for the grill? Even in pounds?

·
Registered
70 Posts
wow awesome! I'll be trying to work this out. Do you know how much is what for the grill? Even in pounds?
The grill and mirror covers worked out as £202 incl. VAT but excl. fitting. As goodwill, my dealer is supplying them for £100 incl. VAT and free fitting.

The kit is listed as an accessory in the Mopar UK accessory brochure. You can choose from piano black, satin black, satin grey, and satin chrome.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That has me wondering how long it'll take, don't normally notice dealers doing jobs like that for free. Probably takes them under an hour to do, maybe even under 30 minutes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That has me wondering how long it'll take, don't normally notice dealers doing jobs like that for free. Probably takes them under an hour to do, maybe even under 30 minutes.
I have the impression it was more difficult than they expected as they were still trying to fit it when I went in to pick it up today ;)

Looks the part though. So pleased I changed from the black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.