Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to black out all of my badges with plasti dip, which was really easy and mess free especially since it was the first time ever using it, but how does one black out those chrome inserts in the grille? Any tips/suggestions??

·
Registered
57 Posts
My useless reply, but I've seen black ones for sale, leading me to believe they are removable...

Removed + plasti dip + install = done?

Shoot some pics of your finished result! I'm considering doing it myself but no idea how it would turn out. Only chrome I have is JEEP front and rear and the 7 slot surrounds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Turned out pretty well, nicely done! Definitely think the black would look better on my yellow than chrome does... Who puts shiny on something that's meant to get dirty???

·
Registered
263 Posts
I as well am thinking of smoking out the chrome jeep emblems, 4x4. As far as Grille inserts along with above DIY I heard they can unclip semi easily with a trim removal tool.

Now here is where I want to be a bit different. I want to get a small can of Anvil paint and like Kevinfourlegs mentioned, matching the color of the truck.

Question I have is their a manufacturer or company that does this for Mopar/FCA people? I know with my BMWs, and VWs numerous places made up small spray cans. Just curious if anyone has recommendations.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
More colour contrasting and I want to keep the black and yellow scheme going.

Do we have plasti dip or similar in the UK? Never noticed before as never needed it before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty much just taped newspaper around the badges left a little space around it for peeling off, coated each badge like six times and pulled off excess it's easier than I thought lol I was skeered I would mess it up at first

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've managed to black out all of my badges with plasti dip, which was really easy and mess free especially since it was the first time ever using it, but how does one black out those chrome inserts in the grille? Any tips/suggestions??
If you get the urge to have your entire vehicle covered in plasti dip, DONT! I spent 4 days trying to get that crap off of my Astra. I had 7 coats from 3 gallons of dip and it still was **** in spots. Many places, it peeled right off like it should, but my god...that hood and roof. Never again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.