Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Lil'Red had his first service appointment this past Monday.

I was under the hood this evening and I swear I'm missing a cover on the battery. I don't remember seeing all these posts and terminals out in the open the last time I topped off the wiper fluid.

What'chas think? Is there supposed to be something covering all these terminals, or am I just remembering something that never existed? LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Should be a large cover over that.
There is a video on youtube - shows how to jump start/remove battery on a renegade and shows the cover.
I would be VERY surprised if it left the factory without one - it is a potential safety risk if something metal makes contact there and connects to ground.
Did they do updates maybe and put a maintenance charger on it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd do a double check around the battery/scuttle area to see if it is still around, and then ask the garage what THEY are going to do about it if it is missing.
They could even post it to you if they still have it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I would wonder about how good the service department really is. If they forgot to put on the cover, what else did they forget to do? Next oil change, put a mark on the oil filter and check afterward to see if a new one was installed.

And yes, absolutely demand that they replace that cover. Whether or not it is needed, it was on the car when new and should still be on there.

I have no patience at all for shoddy workmanship.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the original service appointment was on a Monday. I discovered the missing battery cover on Wednesday, called that evening. Got a call-back that night. I called again Saturday.

Finally got a call on Tuesday (so 8 days), they needed a picture to see what I was actually talking about :roll eyes:

Called me back a few hours after sending the picture and they said they ordered the part and will call me back once it comes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.