Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a certain brand of halo lights or underbody lights that they recommend? If possible can I see some pictures?

And does anyone know if underbody lights are legal in Texas? I’m having a hard time finding accurate information online.

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
Search is your friend! We all so have a Texas section on our forum and if that dose not help call your state police..

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I fail to understand why people are finding issues when searching. My first hit on Google using your words "underbody lights are legal in Texas" produced this:

Texas underbody lights

From now on I am not posting any search links, especially if I get an instant hit. Laziness is something I cannot abide. :cry::cry:

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search is your friend! We all so have a Texas section on our forum and if that dose not help call your state police..
Thank you, I’m brand new to the site and still learning to navigate, I will most definitely check out the Texas section and call our state police to double check myself. Trying to avoid getting any tickets and there’s a lot of conflicting articles out there. Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fail to understand why people are finding issues when searching. My first hit on Google using your words "underbody lights are legal in Texas" produced this:

Texas underbody lights

From now on I am not posting any search links, especially if I get an instant hit. Laziness is something I cannot abide. :cry::cry:
Hi! Thanks for posting the link. I actually had already read that one, which states that underbody lights are NOT illegal, then goes on to mention that you might get in trouble for having any other color than white or amber. The point is, I wanted underbody lights in a color other than white. I read the Texas law and can’t find where it specifically states that underbody lights must be white or amber, so at this point I will probably call our local police as suggested above. I’m brand new to all this and since everybody on this site appears to be very knowledgeable, I figured somebody might have experience in this area. Thanks anyway ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It only reads that Red and Blue should not be used on the front as they are Emergency Service colours.

What colour were you thinking of using?

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It only reads that Red and Blue should not be used on the front as they are Emergency Service colours.

What colour were you thinking of using?
Well I was leaning towards green or purple, but it advises against using green and then goes on to state that you should probably only use white or amber to stay “completely” legal.

487F9ADC-9A8F-434A-B3AD-2C3B73F534E9.png

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Keep in mind that some drivers wear yellow tinted specs at night time like I do as a "vision aid to driving at night".

I see green traffic lights as blue. Perhaps that could be a reason to avoid using green lights? :unsure:

Purple was a lovely colour in some of the pictures on websites that I viewed when searching for your information. Personally to save falling foul of the Law and getting pulled over I would happily settle on Purple. What do you think?

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep in mind that some drivers wear yellow tinted specs at night time like I do as a "vision aid to driving at night".

I see green traffic lights as blue. Perhaps that could be a reason to avoid using green lights? :unsure:

Purple was a lovely colour in some of the pictures on websites that I viewed when searching for your information. Personally to save falling foul of the Law and getting pulled over I would happily settle on Purple. What do you think?
I agree, purple is probably my best option. I might still reach out to the local police and get their opinion on it though. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts