Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went and hit up Discount Tire today for their Memorial day sale, and I came away more than happy. Happy to report the Hankook Dynapro AT-M 225/70/16 fit with zero rubbing issues

So here is Jeepetto before the new tires

And here he is after

:eek::D

and some more pictures.

And Finally the stock Contis next to the AT-Ms

So Overall Impression

These tires are going to rock. I could tel after my first 20 miles, that these are with out a doubt the type of tires the Renegade should have come with. I am stock not using spacers and there is zero rub, even at full lock, and over speed bumps. I went on a thorough test drive to confirm. Now that being said, going to a 235 or a 75 fit in this tire will not work w/o at least a lift. These barely clear the fender liners by say less than 1/2 inch and the perches by about the same. It is close in there guys. LOL

That being said my truck now rides at least an 1" higher on clearance. Compare the stock to new pics and you can easily tell the truck now has a higher overall clearance. So once I make up some skids, we are off to the trails.

Driving characteristically, they track straight and true. There is a smidgen of road noise but it is expected going to a All Terrain Mud tire. But that is no more noticeable then the existing wind noise. So whoopedy doo.

I have the manual Turbo 1.4L and the tires new rotational mass barely effects the trucks performance at all. I do not for see the additional mass causing any issues for the drive-line. Oh these tires weigh 30lbs a piece compared to the stock Continentals which is 22lbs.

They are too new for me to comment on MPG, but again to make the Jeep look like a beast, and track like a tank it is worth the under $400 investment and a small decrease in mileage

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good! I am running 235/70/16 with zero rub, no spacers on a 1.4T latitude.
Excellent my man. What brand and type of tire if you don't mind us asking? Helps the others with fit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bfg rugged terrains, 235/70/16. Of course they are a tight fit. I have driven them for over a 1000 miles now, including off-road, they have never rubbed.
5.9 do you go by Utah Jeep on toasterjeep.com? I saw your post. Looked for the ruggeds but they were special order. One of the few 235s that will fit this truck, with no mods.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very nice! Looks good! @Jeepetto, so you went from a 215/65/16 factory tire to a 225/70/16 A/T....Below is a link to your tire calculations. Looks like you gained 1.4" total in overall tire diameter...but you have to remember that is split by the axle...so that will yield you 50% in actual ground clearance, or 0.7" in additional ground clearance over factory...doesn't seem like a lot but every bit helps....

From a 27" tire to a 28.4"....that's larger than the factory Trailhawk tires (which are 28")

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=215-65r16-225-70r16

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice! Looks good! @Jeepetto, so you went from a 215/65/16 factory tire to a 225/70/16 A/T....Below is a link to your tire calculations. Looks like you gained 1.4" total in overall tire diameter...but you have to remember that is split by the axle...so that will yield you 50% in actual ground clearance, or 0.7" in additional ground clearance over factory...doesn't seem like a lot but every bit helps....

From a 27" tire to a 28.4"....that's larger than the factory Trailhawk tires (which are 28")

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=215-65r16-225-70r16
Sounds about right. Thank you for the calculations. 1000 miles on em and these tires are a awesome a/t tire. Rides nice and handled some dirt trails handedly.

Reactions: erkmadhatter

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks good. I didn't know that Anvil color was available on a latitude? Jeep.com wouldn't let me build one with Anvil back when I was playing with the configurations...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well I went and hit up Discount Tire today for their Memorial day sale, and I came away more than happy. Happy to report the Hankook Dynapro AT-M 225/70/16 fit with zero rubbing issues
They are too new for me to comment on MPG, but again to make the Jeep look like a beast, and track like a tank it is worth the under $400 investment and a small decrease in mileage
Hi Jeepetto, looks like your picture links are broken now. Anyway, I also want to get these exact tires for my 2015 1.4L Latitude and wondering how they're working for you? Is power good going up hills? Did your MPG go down more than the 5.2% you get because of the odometer reading 5.2% less miles?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Woohoo, just bought these today from Discount Tire with the Presidents Day rebates! Bought the same exact size Hankook DynaPro ATM 225/70R16 and I can't wait to see how they look with the bigger diameter on my Renegade Latitude. For anyone interested in the rebates they have $75 for set of 4 (purchase by Monday, Feb 20th) of these tires plus $60 rebate if you use their credit card (which offers 6 months no interest):

Discounttiredirect.com Promotions
Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/70R16

Edit: Also forgot to say these have free shipping by UPS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.