Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. This is my first vehicle with a touch screen in it, wondering if it should be protected.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
As the title says. This is my first vehicle with a touch screen in it, wondering if it should be protected.
That had never even crossed my mind. It might be a good idea though. Is the screen plastic or glass?
My "Jeep" is in getting a ceramic coating at the moment so I cant check.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I see no need for it. Unless you tend to use your belongings hard or have long finger nails. Protective films tend to be reflective (not what you want for obvious reasons) or the antiglare sort which can make the display look dimmer/dull. Just don't abuse it and you should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
I did. Fitted ok. System needs to recalibrate itself on first use but zero problems after that.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
3rd post above is from 2015 but relevant to me.

I often have beach casting fishing rods passed right through the Jeep. They touch the rear window and are then suspended by bungy cords across the front headrests. It happened once in a Vauxhall Vectra that the rods moved (no one witnessed it and all denied it) and cracked the screen. (It's all on a different post if you search for it).

Point being that if there was a solid plastic screen that could be fitted around the screen to prevent accidental damage then I would welcome it.

Manufacturing and installation would have been peanuts so I can only presume that it was deemed uneccessary at time of manufacture. What a shame when reflected upon. :cry::cry::cry:

I also take on board that a plastic screen would no longer make it a touch screen. Damn the fancy gadgets :mad::p:D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Jeep need to manufacture and allow you and I to fit an aftermarket "flip up" clear protective screen (y)(y)(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts