Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying my Reney over a month ago, I have yet to see one on the road. I see all the other Jeeps, i.e. Wranglers, Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, etc., but haven't seen a Reney. When I bought mine, the dealer naturally said, "Oh we can't keep these on the lot." If that's true, then where are they all?? The next state over? The next county?? I mean where are they if they can't keep them on the lot??

Just wondering, have any of you seen Reney's on the road??:confused:

Signed,
Lonely Reney Owner

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have not seen a single one on the road despite more than a dozen sitting idle on the dealer lot a mile from me. I guess they're not selling as well as I thought they would.

Reactions: Stellner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe it's the odd looking shape of the frame. I looked at my neighbor's Patriot and it got me thinking that the Reney is actually just a smaller version of the Patriot.:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
They've been getting more common. Saw a dealer taking one for a spin early on, and a red latitude shortly after. I saw a white sport, blue latitude and a black th in the last two weeks. C

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked at them online for two months, kept looking for one on the road to get an idea of the size. Finally stopped at the dealership about 2 weeks ago to look at them and bought one that day. Still haven't saw another one on the road in louisiana

·
Registered
196 Posts
We drive a commando Latitude and have only seen 2 THs, a white & a black. I hope to never see another commando Rene in the area!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not seen a single one on the road despite more than a dozen sitting idle on the dealer lot a mile from me. I guess they're not selling as well as I thought they would.
Ditto in Columbus, Ohio, haven't seen one except mine yet. Although yesterday two college girls asked me at a stop light how I liked the new Jeep and said I look great in it. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
We drive a commando Latitude and have only seen 2 THs, a white & a black. I hope to never see another commando Rene in the area!
Hello Steve,
I read somwehere on the forum that Commando is being discontinued and dealers will not take orders on them -- so yours will be even more rare! I wish they would have made Tank Green like the Wrangler (Army vet here). Semper Fi!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the new york suburbs and just saw my first one in a parking lot, olive green, looked great, and so did the female driver. Have not seen one on the road otherwise, altho three jeep dealers in my area have loads if them now, including trailhawks, btw, it looks much bigger when i saw it in the parking lot and as it drove by me. I was impressed.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I saw another one today on Queens Blvd turning from Broadway. A red one. and the first with a guy driving it, the other 3 I've seen have been women driving it.

total so far that I've seen with or without drivers have been 6 in the last month or so.

TS

·
Registered
15 Posts
The day before I got mine, I saw one one. I wanted to get a better look at it in action, but I just couldn't catch up to them. It's about a month since I got mine and I have not seen a single one. I live in the Los Angeles area you would think I'd come across one by now. On a different note, this is my first Jeep. I never paid much attention to them before. Now that I have one, I can't go 5 minutes without seeing one somewhere. The 7 slot front grill really stands out to me now :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chicago Here,

I picked mine up on May 2nd. in 3500 miles with my Rene, I've only seen 5 on the road. Black Trailhawk, Commando Latitude, Mohave Latitude, Black Latitude and a Red Trailhawk in Kenosha. They're still pretty rare. Not sure if there is any truth to Sierra and Commando not being available for order anymore. I am surprised that I have not seen more in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine will be hitting the roads of northern NJ tomorrow. I've only seen one other on the road so far. I'll be looking for ya!

Anyone know of some fun unpaved roads that will be a good breaking-in trail for a Latitude 4x4?

·
Registered
52 Posts
After checking out my Renegade, my next door neighbor just brought one home yesterday -- Commando Latitude with MySky! I was skeptical about MySky (wasn't available on mine and I didn't want to wait), but it is sweet! Very well constructed and lets in more light/air than it looks like in the sales pics.

So far I'd only seen one Renegade on the road in Columbus, but now there's two on my street! Now I'll see if Jeep will give me a referral commission. LOL :)

Note: his tires were inflated to 45psi just like mine from a different dealer, so they must be sending them over from Italy overinflated, and the dealers don't seem to be catching it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw another one today on Queens Blvd turning from Broadway. A red one. and the first with a guy driving it, the other 3 I've seen have been women driving it.

total so far that I've seen with or without drivers have been 6 in the last month or so.

TS
The one you saw in queens blve should be me >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Saw a red one in the Bronx today. Spoke to the lovely young lady driving it. She only has 800 miles on it but she said she loved it.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts