Jeep Renegade Forum banner

361 - 380 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always think it's funny when I'm parked next to another Jeep, like the green one at Target.
But when I came out and there was a anvil one next to us at Menlo Park, still funny...ok
But then as we pull out another white Renegade pulled in to our spot.
She laughed pulling in. but what did the anvil one think when they came out?
mmm, wasn't that a Trailhawk when we pulled in?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have seen a fair amount of Renegades but I live about two miles from The North American headquarters and see a ridiculous amount of Jeeps in general. I will pull up to a light and have 3 out of 5 cars waiting at the light be Jeeps of one model or another.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
When I have passed the Cyfarthyr retail park near Merthyr Tydfil, I have seen a yellow Renegade parked. Today I finally got near it. A Limited 4x4 it is. Thought I would share the pic.

Attachments

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since buying my Reney over a month ago, I have yet to see one on the road. I see all the other Jeeps, i.e. Wranglers, Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, etc., but haven't seen a Reney. When I bought mine, the dealer naturally said, "Oh we can't keep these on the lot." If that's true, then where are they all?? The next state over? The next county?? I mean where are they if they can't keep them on the lot??

Just wondering, have any of you seen Reney's on the road??:confused:

Signed,
Lonely Reney Owner
When I got mine I was told I was the first or second they knew of to get one. Now I see them all over, kinda like cockroaches. Was talking to an owner today while getting fuel they had a grey trailhawk looked great, asked if they had taken it of froad yet and was told it would never even go on a dirt road...made me and my latitude cry a little inside.

Although I am glad they are becoming more common place, maybe then we will get more accessories from different suppliers.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Renegade has become very common in my area. The most we have seen is 11 within about an hour's time. The Latitude is the most common, followed by the Limited, Trailhawk and Sport in that order. When we bought ours a little over a year ago we would have seen about 1 a week. Now we see 4 or 5 every day in our travels which is now the normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Drove our Trailhawk from Bakersfield to Walnut Creek, CA over the weekend. Maybe saw 6 Renegades on the whole trip.

·
Registered
474 Posts
There is another Renegade in my neighborhood and I see several per week. I saw a white one with a cargo rack on the roof pulling into the Walmart lot today. Sunday I saw one with a load on the roof and bikes hanging off the back.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Now I see them all over, kinda like cockroaches.

would never even go on a dirt road...made me and my latitude cry a little inside.

I went to Amarillo Texas from Chicago 1,200 miles one way and saw one from I-44 and then another one on my way back by Joplin MO.

Don't cry... these renegades are for pavements and not designed for off road. Been there done that!!!! here are my rigs to prove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since buying my Reney over a month ago, I have yet to see one on the road. I see all the other Jeeps, i.e. Wranglers, Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, etc., but haven't seen a Reney. When I bought mine, the dealer naturally said, "Oh we can't keep these on the lot." If that's true, then where are they all?? The next state over? The next county?? I mean where are they if they can't keep them on the lot??

Just wondering, have any of you seen Reney's on the road??

Signed,
Lonely Reney Owner
When I got mine I was told I was the first or second they knew of to get one. Now I see them all over, kinda like cockroaches. Was talking to an owner today while getting fuel they had a grey trailhawk looked great, asked if they had taken it of froad yet and was told it would never even go on a dirt road...made me and my latitude cry a little inside.

Although I am glad they are becoming more common place, maybe then we will get more accessories from different suppliers.
Oh brother, what a drama queen the owner you talked to was... I don't get the people (there seem to be lots) who buy the trailhawk model and won't do any sort of off-road stuff with it... There's a guy like that in my small town with a trailhawk.

Considering the roads and tracks I and people I know have tackled with cars, Renegades are plenty capable in the dirt and have decent clearance even without the trailhawk lift/aftermarket lift and with stock tires. Just don't drive stupid. I feel like people get pumped from watching YouTube videos and want to go out and attempt stunts... I just want to get to neat locations at the end of rutted dirt roads and lots of miles of gravel. This vehicle is plenty good for that.

Reactions: priell3

·
Registered
474 Posts
I came out of the market this morning and saw a red Trailhawk pull into the lot. As I passed the driver after he got out I asked "How do you like the Jeep?". He said, "It's not mine, it's a rental. Piece of junk.".

I just smiled and kept on going. Can't please everyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I see quite a few around here. But so far I haven't encountered another Colorado Red TH.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't see a lot around here even though I live in an area where 4X4's or at least AWD's are pretty desirable. I do see them regularly, though, just not a lot. Before I got my Renegade, I had been considering a RAV4 Hybrid, but I just couldn't bring myself to actually buy one! Around here, every other car seems to be a RAV4, and I'm completely bored with seeing them! I even test-drove one -- absolutely no soul! :| I just got back from a 1600-mile trip, and I was surprised by how few Renegades I saw. I certainly didn't see any in the color I have! :D

Reactions: priell3
361 - 380 of 406 Posts