Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Raise the beam.
It's really easy to do. Up/down adjuster is the smaller of the two white plastic adjusters on the headlight unit body. Allen key or cross head screwdriver fits.
Aim the headlights against a wall and bring it up a brick or two at a time.
There should be a slight but noticeable drop of the beam from the headlight height.

You do have the headlight throw adjusted to highest on the knob next to the headlamp switch don't you?...

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
Dot requires you bottom blind other drivers. So the taller the vehicle, the more downward they will be aimed.

Keep that in mind when you adjust. Some states it can get you ticketed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raise the beam.

You do have the headlight throw adjusted to highest on the knob next to the headlamp switch don't you?...

Well Ted, I think you better check your fuse panel. If you don't have a burnt fuse you will shortly as I think you have a random short between the seat and the steering wheel.

The only adjustor is for the dash lights and high/low beams.
.:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well Ted, I think you better check your fuse panel. If you don't have a burnt fuse you will shortly as I think you have a random short between the seat and the steering wheel.

The only adjustor is for the dash lights and high/low beams.
.:ReneBlueWave:
Perhaps you should forward your findings to Jeep, and also let them know that they are incorrect on page 24/25 on the manual?

Actually, thinking about it,

The only adjustor (sic) is for the dash lights and high/low beams

You're not using that to switch between 'low' and 'high' beams are you? >:D>:D>:D:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Perhaps you should forward your findings to Jeep, and also let them know that they are incorrect on page 24/25 on the manual?

Actually, thinking about it,

The only adjustor (sic) is for the dash lights and high/low beams

You're not using that to switch between 'low' and 'high' beams are you? >:D>:D>:D:laugh::laugh:
Do European cars have headlight level adjusters? I had a buddy who could raise and lower his headlights from inside the vehicle. It wasn't a Jeep though. It worked kind of the same way the auto leveling headlights work, except he could do it manually using a knob on the dash. Maybe that's a Euro thing?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Do European cars have headlight level adjusters? I had a buddy who could raise and lower his headlights from inside the vehicle. It wasn't a Jeep though. It worked kind of the same way the auto leveling headlights work, except he could do it manually using a knob on the dash. Maybe that's a Euro thing?
Every car I have owned for about 20 years has had a wheel switch to alter the headlamp height aim. on my renegade it is beside the dash light adjuster.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Every car I have owned for about 20 years has had a wheel switch to alter the headlamp height aim. on my renegade it is beside the dash light adjuster.
I thought that's what I remember. Here in the states we don't have that feature. It would be really cool to have.

·
Registered
580 Posts
To be honest I have only used it when towing my caravan.
Well, yes, the leveler is supposed to be used only to decrease headlight range when the car is heavy in the butt due to passengers or towing. You decrease range until the "normal" range is achieved. That's why it's called a headlight "leveler. If set up properly, you only can decrease headlight range with the leveler. One could abuse the leveler by improperly setting up the basic headlight setting via the housing adjustment screws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.