Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: I am looking to replace my stock headlights of my 2017 Renegade with some fancy LED headlights. I see the ones with the cross a lot in different shops, but they are rather expensive.
There are standardised 7’’ headlight units (‘fits Jeep Renegade’ but also a Wrangler..Mercedes G, Harley, Defender etc.) available which are A LOT cheaper! Like, really a lot cheaper. Although they claim to be ‘plug and play’ I don’t really think that is the case.
Anyone replaced the headlight units with any of these standardized units? Did you use an adapter? Is the quality OK? Is the lighting itself OK? And is it legal?

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
The headlights in the renegade are definitely not standard 7" units. The units aren't even actually round. Just the part that pokes through. You would have to use an adapter which are made, but no idea how big a PITA it is or how well it works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The headlights in the renegade are definitely not standard 7" units. The units aren't even actually round. Just the part that pokes through. You would have to use an adapter which are made, but no idea how big a PITA it is or how well it works.

Ah, already found some more information and an actual 'headlight adapter kit' of valkyrie, which makes it possible to fit most 7'' headlight units . But the kit itself is $ 249,- withouth the headlights, which makes the cheaper options almost as expensive as the actual fitting lightunits. Might as well buy me one of the more expensive ones then.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ah, already found some more information and an actual 'headlight adapter kit' of valkyrie, which makes it possible to fit most 7'' headlight units . But the kit itself is $ 249,- withouth the headlights, which makes the cheaper options almost as expensive as the actual fitting lightunits. Might as well buy me one of the more expensive ones then.
yup all of Valkyrie products are severely overpriced

·
Registered
10 Posts
LED headlights

I do not own a Renegade…I am only here because my sister does. I own a Honda HR-V and upgraded to LED headlights recently. The brand is NightEye and I bought them from Amazon for $35. I am disabled, and they took me 5 minutes to change without tools. They required no re-aiming, and work great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not own a Renegade…I am only here because my sister does. I own a Honda HR-V and upgraded to LED headlights recently. The brand is NightEye and I bought them from Amazon for $35. I am disabled, and they took me 5 minutes to change without tools. They required no re-aiming, and work great.
Now now, no need to categorise yourself as disabled just because you own a Honda 😛. Alright, I will Google. Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now now, no need to categorise yourself as disabled just because you own a Honda 😛. Alright, I will Google. Thank you
Hmm I think that you did not replaced the units, just the light itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts