Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 5" uconnect, and I find it basically useless with my iPhone. I recall seeing a video from a UK company about a wiring harness that is plug and play with aftermarket heads, and it comes with a new bezel with bigger opening.

The only problem is I can't remember where I found it... Has anyone thought about (or even actually done it) replacing theirs with an aftermarket head with Apple CarPlay?

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
How is it useless? I use my 5.0 with my iphone all the time.

Given the fact that lots of vehicle conifgs are done via the head, and there's only a couple of aftermarket head units that supposedly support this, and IIRC they are essentially android devices, I don't think it will be too easy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe useless is a strong word. I do use it for music and on the rare occasion that someone calls me, but I really wish that I could activate Siri. It defeats the purpose of hands free if I have to rummage around for the phone when I want to do something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.