Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after a lifetime of working on cars ( DIY) I am stumped. Trying to replace the headlight bulbs im my 2015 trailhawk, I'm probably being really stupid, but I can't shift the bulbs at all. Followed instructions in manual, and hints on line, bulbs will not budge. It doesn't help that I've got big hands, but I've never had trouble with other cars. Any help gratefully appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not done them myself (yet! I intend on upgrading the bulbs in the near future) but a few YouTube videos make it sound and appear simple enough.
Having fitted my own rear mud flaps, I know how much harder a job can be than these videos often suggest!
I hope somebody else appears with some useful guidance for you (and me!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can't help with the US ones but the UK ones are H4 and a breeze.
Pull off the large rubber cober, and the bulb just pulls out. No wire clips, no twisting - it is held in by spring pressure (you will understand when you see it.
Both headlamps are easy to get at so it is a five minute job.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pull off the large rubber cober, and the bulb just pulls out. No wire clips, no twisting - it is held in by spring pressure (you will understand when you see it.

This was absolutely spot on Ted. Many thanks again.

New bulbs

'Old' (700 miles max!) bulbs

Will keep for spares.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking at doing my own this weekend - picked up the OSRAM Night Breakers - curious as to whether you need to adjust the bulbs in the guidelines after fitting?

Only asking because in the past when I've done this the bulbs need adjusting to make them level as it was a requirement for MOT success. Though judging by how many dodgy headlights I see this probably doesn't matter anymore.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I adjusted mine against a wall - easy to do, there is a white plastic adjuster that takes a cross head screwdriver.
There are two of them on each lamp can't remember which one does the height but it is obvious as you do it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No, they aren't bad at all, it is just that for a cheap (around £12) upgrade, you can get a good improvement.
Totally agree. The standard lights (bulbs) are fine, spend a little extra cash and enjoy the benefit. I have had Xenons on my previous 3 cars, but upgraded bulbs really come very close, at a tiny fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks, thats a bit more comforting :0) I may well give them a go if they come close to xenon. I had xenon's on a previous car and they were fantastic, then the current car has projector headlights that are about as much use as candles mounted on the bumper.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have changed DRL/Side light bulb to Mtec White Xenon Side Light/DRL, also changed the indicator bulbs to Silver Vision (get rid of the fried egg look).

Check out my Garage to see pictures of the new Mtec bulbs, give a much brighter / white light.
Looks much better.
How do you change the DRL bulbs?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts