Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks MikeinDE for the information. One last question/favor. Could you please measure the distance between the light mounting tabs on the bar? I am have been looking at this for a while and am thinking about mounting a lightbar similar to the one that it looks like you have mounted in the front bumper. Just not sure it would fit and you know how helpful the folks at Daystar are.

Erik

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like all of these good work!! :udaman:

Might grab up that bull bar for some future LED projects. I was thinking the same for the tonneau. how did your guy mount this cover. I see a screw in the plating, not sure what he attached the assembly to. Pics if you have time. Good stuff.

Reactions: MikeinDE

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ibeb, I'm sorry, I was gonna measure it for you when I came in to work today and parked in my spot, and that quick it escaped my mind. hopefully I will get you the measurements when I leave today. my bad.

Jeepetto, he has 3 rivot points (center and each end) that he created to secure the support bar. he did a stainless steel support bar that runs along the back of the panel and attached two extension pieces and drilled those into the "circles" on the sidewall, which I guess are dummy points for if we had the real tonneau (not sure). so he drilled into those side points to make it swivel. my cover is semi-permanent. on the support bar there is one bolt on each side, I can remove those bolts and the support bar separates from the extension pieces / swivel points. he dynamatted the bottom, so now (not done yet, but soon) he wants to carpet the bottom to make it look clean. but I don't care, no one will see the bottom. when the hatch is closed, the door holds it tightly in place. oh also he used door protectant rubber trim, that stuff to prevent door dings, to protect everything from the sharp diamond plate edges. I hope my explanation was somewhat useful, when I can I will try to take some close-up pics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally a pic of daystar bar :), now to find out if it can go on a trailhawk. looks great

Hey, when Scott was installing it, he had issues with the brackets that bolt to the frame. so he called daystar and the first thing they asked him was to "make sure it was not a trailhawk cuz it would not work with that model". I am guessing it is just your towhooks that will prevent the mounting

·
Registered
263 Posts
ibeb, I'm sorry, I was gonna measure it for you when I came in to work today and parked in my spot, and that quick it escaped my mind. hopefully I will get you the measurements when I leave today. my bad.

Jeepetto, he has 3 rivot points (center and each end) that he created to secure the support bar. he did a stainless steel support bar that runs along the back of the panel and attached two extension pieces and drilled those into the "circles" on the sidewall, which I guess are dummy points for if we had the real tonneau (not sure). so he drilled into those side points to make it swivel. my cover is semi-permanent. on the support bar there is one bolt on each side, I can remove those bolts and the support bar separates from the extension pieces / swivel points. he dynamatted the bottom, so now (not done yet, but soon) he wants to carpet the bottom to make it look clean. but I don't care, no one will see the bottom. when the hatch is closed, the door holds it tightly in place. oh also he used door protectant rubber trim, that stuff to prevent door dings, to protect everything from the sharp diamond plate edges. I hope my explanation was somewhat useful, when I can I will try to take some close-up pics.

That is what I was wondering. thank you for clarifying

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.