Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 renegade upland edition that I bought new in 2018. My question is, does anyone know what the head light sensitivity function is for and how do you actually change the 3 options in the infotainment system. I have tried to change the sensitivity levels but don't see any difference in the headlights.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Are you referring to the adjustable roller wheel to the side of the steering column? I never knew headlights were adjustable within the entertainment system.

If so then it is manually adjusted depending on the weight/load imposed upon the Jeep.

If I have my boat attached then it will slightly press down the rear of the jeep and that raises my headlight angle and could blind oncoming drivers. By adjusting the wheel I can manually lower the headlight to its normal road position.

Likewise the reverse is needed when the load is removed as the lights will be aiming too low.

Aim your headlights against a wall and turn that wheel and see the headlights adjusting with each turn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to the adjustable roller wheel to the side of the steering column? I never knew headlights were adjustable within the entertainment system.

If so then it is manually adjusted depending on the weight/load imposed upon the Jeep.

If I have my boat attached then it will slightly press down the rear of the jeep and that raises my headlight angle and could blind oncoming drivers. By adjusting the wheel I can manually lower the headlight to its normal road position.

Likewise the reverse is needed when the load is removed as the lights will be aiming too low.

Aim your headlights against a wall and turn that wheel and see the headlights adjusting with each turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Puddlesplasher, please view the 2 attached pictures
20201118_182110.jpg
20201118_182036.jpg

·
Registered
629 Posts
Headlight sensitivity refers to how dark (or how dark for how long) it needs to be for the automatic lights to come on. It has nothing to do with the light output.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Excellent description both of you.

Pictures are always better than guessing what words mean.

@RS, outstanding explanation, many thanks. (y)(y)(y)

If only I had automatic headlights in my Jeep :eek:😭😭

1 - 7 of 7 Posts