Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set off from work the other day, and as it was -1C I opted to try out my heated seats and steering wheel.
The steering wheel is superb - heats up quickly, reaches a perfect warm temperature and stays there - fantastic.
However, during my 10 minute drive home, I never felt any heat from the seat. When I got home, the only heat in the seat I reckon came from me sitting on it!
The light was definitely on, and on the higher of the 2 settings.

I have had heated seats on a few previous cars, and always had to turn the setting down after 3-5 minutes.

Just checking that the Renegade seats are not just slow or very weak?
Unlike the very positive steering wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same issue with my 75th. They barely get warm and take forever to "heat up" if you can even call it that. I've had it to the dealer and talked to a bunch of people both there and at Chrysler and have just been told it's how the seats are. The hottest mine got when tested was 23 degrees celsius. They tested another one on the lot to compare and it was 24. To compare my friend bought a 2016 cherokee the same day as me and her seats get so hot you have to turn them down after a few minutes. Both have the cloth seats.

I'm really disappointed as I live in Canada so it gets super cold and I even use the heated seats in the summer due to back issues. Everyone I've talked to won't help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

had the same problem on my driver's seat. Heater was barely noticeable and switched off completely after 15 minutes. The heat mat was replaced, now everything works normal. There are cars with better seat heaters, but it's acceptable like this for me. Passenger's side is approximately the same.

Best regards
Tobias

Reactions: Northern Lights

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

had the same problem on my driver's seat. Heater was barely noticeable and switched off completely after 15 minutes. The heat mat was replaced, now everything works normal. There are cars with better seat heaters, but it's acceptable like this for me. Passenger's side is approximately the same.

Best regards
Tobias

Thanks Tobias. I tried it again today, and it ties in exactly with what you say.
Was surprised that it switched itself off too.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The Volvo heated seats are fantastic. Hate cold leather on a winter's day. BMW heated seats are also up there, or they were in mine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried what my salesman suggested.....
Drove for 20 mins with the seat on, then got the Mrs to jump in. Obviously the seat should have been hot, but nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can now declare that my seats are heating :)
They just take a lot longer to get as hot as my previous cars. My last car had 3 heat settings, and the highest setting became unbearably hot within 3 minutes, and would need turning off completely after 10 minutes.
The Renegade seems to got lightly warm with 5 minutes, and hot within 15 minutes. No wonder I thought that they didn't work! Unlike the heated steering wheel which gets toasty nice and quick :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would still try to get it replaced. Mine also became warm after like 10 minutes, but then soon switched off again. Since the replacement, it becomes nice and warm after 2-3 minutes and doesn't switch itself off. You can check if your passenger's seat is the same.

Needed 2 attempts at the dealer to get the replacement because they told me they did some electrical measurements and their readings were within the typical range. They couldn't figure out why it doesn't work properly. Finally, they replaced it without being sure if it would fix the problem, but it did :)

Regards
Tobias

Reactions: Northern Lights

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would still try to get it replaced. Mine also became warm after like 10 minutes, but then soon switched off again. Since the replacement, it becomes nice and warm after 2-3 minutes and doesn't switch itself off. You can check if your passenger's seat is the same.

Needed 2 attempts at the dealer to get the replacement because they told me they did some electrical measurements and their readings were within the typical range. They couldn't figure out why it doesn't work properly. Finally, they replaced it without being sure if it would fix the problem, but it did :)

Regards
Tobias
I think that you make an excellent point Tobias, as they do appear to take too long to get warm. This is especially true when my drive to work is only 10 minutes, so I barely feel any benefit. As I have said previously, my other cars had seats that heated much quicker. The driver and passenger seats in the Jeep heat equally slowly.
To be fair to the Jeep, once they are switched on, they stay switched on until they are switched off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.