Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea why the temperature controls for the heater do not regulate the heat temp like they used to. If it is not on hi the temp is a lot colder than it used to be. Not sure if it’s related but the outside temperature reads about 100 degrees hotter than normal. Just had it in for a check engine light. They found code for thermostat and replaced it, and engine temp gauge reads half way. Worse yet, 2 weeks out of warranty. I’m stumped!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Does anyone have any idea why the temperature controls for the heater do not regulate the heat temp like they used to. If it is not on hi the temp is a lot colder than it used to be. Not sure if it’s related but the outside temperature reads about 100 degrees hotter than normal. Just had it in for a check engine light. They found code for thermostat and replaced it, and engine temp gauge reads half way. Worse yet, 2 weeks out of warranty. I’m stumped!
Poor design in my opinion.
But, the temp reacts much faster when you turn on the AUTO for the climate control, and then set the temp to your desired setting.
Let the Renegade regulate the cabin temp for you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not sure if it’s related but the outside temperature reads about 100 degrees hotter than normal. I'm stumped
I'm also stumped. 100 degrees hotter than usual.

What temperature is it showing exactly and is it Centigrade or Fahrenheit? What type of weather was the reading taken in ie snow, sunshine, rain etc.

0 degrees fahrenheit = -17 centigrade. Thats a frecking freezing cold winter day.
100 degrees fahrenheit = 37.7 centigrade. That's a brilliantly warm summer day.

Adding 100 degrees to any of those figures (in error) is confusing unless you are currently sitting in an Australian bushfire which I sincerely hope you are not. :eek::eek::eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts