Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I started my car tonight, the windshield was fogged. Nothing unusual I thought as the weather has been so up and down. I had the vent on, and nothing was clearing up, so I grabbed a rag and tried to wipe it down, which only further confirmed my thought of a bigger problem. The windshield was covered in a film like substance. I cranked the heat on and held a flash light to the vents, as I watched steam pour out of the vent. Sign number 3, the overwhelming smell of breakfast syrup. I'm no mechanic, but this looks, smells, and feels like a heater core issue... on a brand new Jeep, I've had it for 21 days now. Anyone else have this issue? I'm less than pleased to say the least. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved by Thanksgiving. I'm in the military and spent last thanksgiving in Afghanistan, and would really like to be able to drive home and spend time with the family this time around.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
I am confused with your post! Are you talking about a car or a Jeep?

I'm sick of this! Anyone else? My Jeep is a car! It's a car. CAR CAR CAR. Maybe some Jeeps are not cars. This one, that shares most drivetrain components with a FIAT, is a CAR. Flame me and ban me from the forum if you like. I'll call it a car and you can kill all the kittens you want! I'm just sick of seeing this posted! It adds nothing to any thread you post it in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
While I do agree with the "Its a Jeep, not a car" thing I don't think it was the type or feedback the original poster was looking for at this point in time. Your post was even less helpful though. If you feel that strongly about the issue why not start a new thread about it somewhere?

I bet the connections to the core were not sealed correctly. I can't imagine a core failing this early. That does suck though. Hopefully the dealer can get it fixed before it leaks and ruins anything.

-Jason

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Really sorry about your issue. I haven't seen this one posted yet. Please let us know what the outcome is. You should get a loaner while they fix it.

I agree about the kitten pic. Funny at first but not helpful in the problem threads especially.
There's just too many dead kittens in this forum.
You're fighting the good fight. It IS a Jeep. But it's not really changing the people who refer to it as a car. If anything when they say car it just shows us who is a first time Jeep owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really sorry about your issue. I haven't seen this one posted yet. Please let us know what the outcome is. You should get a loaner while they fix it.

I agree about the kitten pic. Funny at first but not helpful in the problem threads especially.
There's just too many dead kittens in this forum.
You're fighting the good fight. It IS a Jeep. But it's not really changing the people who refer to it as a car. If anything when they say car it just shows us who is a first time Jeep owner.
While I do agree with the "Its a Jeep, not a car" thing I don't think it was the type or feedback the original poster was looking for at this point in time. Your post was even less helpful though. If you feel that strongly about the issue why not start a new thread about it somewhere?

I bet the connections to the core were not sealed correctly. I can't imagine a core failing this early. That does suck though. Hopefully the dealer can get it fixed before it leaks and ruins anything.

-Jason
It's doubtful the dealer will be able to fix it by Thanksgiving. Hopefully they will give you a loner car. A heater core should not fail that quickly.

I just got home from dropping the JEEP off at the dealer, needless to say they were baffled, but said they won't even get to looking at it until Tuesday. I guess I'll be driving an old Chrysler 200 home for Thanksgiving. Sucks that it gave out before I even made my first payment on it, but such is life. The biggest disappointment is I've got my cargo basket and cross bars arriving today. A project for another day now! This is actually my third Jeep, I've had a Wrangler a Grand Cherokee, now the TH. I must have slipped up calling it a car last night after getting to work in a bit of an outrage. After driving MRAPs and MATVs the past few years though, anything would be considered a car, especially this platform.
Thanks for all the positive input and well wishes. I can't wait to get back in the JEEP. Hopefully this doesn't creep up on anyone else!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.