Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few off road capable trucks in the past, starting with an 86 Bronco II which saw more dirt than it could handle, but the days of turning off onto random power-line roads are over.

Most of my time now is spent on road, but I have been looking for something with a bit more off road chops. I'd like to get back to doing more trail riding now that my daughter is old enough to do some hiking and camping. My current car (03 Honda Element) with over 175k miles on it, just is not going to cut it.

So I commute around Boston during the week and would like to do some moderate trail riding on the summer weekends. I thought I was going to have to buy another Wrangler and just deal with the less than ideal MPG.

The Renegade checks all the boxes. Approx the size of my Element, with better MPG and a MUCH better 4x4 system. Can't wait to pick up my Trailhawk and join a local jeep club.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've had a few off road capable trucks in the past, starting with an 86 Bronco II which saw more dirt than it could handle, but the days of turning off onto random power-line roads are over.

Most of my time now is spent on road, but I have been looking for something with a bit more off road chops. I'd like to get back to doing more trail riding now that my daughter is old enough to do some hiking and camping. My current car (03 Honda Element) with over 175k miles on it, just is not going to cut it.

So I commute around Boston during the week and would like to do some moderate trail riding on the summer weekends. I thought I was going to have to buy another Wrangler and just deal with the less than ideal MPG.

The Renegade checks all the boxes. Approx the size of my Element, with better MPG and a MUCH better 4x4 system. Can't wait to pick up my Trailhawk and join a local jeep club.
hey, hey welcome to the club! Renegades styling is nearly a dead ringer for your element as well ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe...exactly. It's as if Jeep cross bred the wrangler with an element. Probably going to miss the rock solid reliability of the Honda, but the trade offs will be worth it. Plus, I will finally have a vehicle I can mount the KC Daylighters I have had in a box since my last truck, on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The new Renegade will be a nice upgrade over the Honda in most respects.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's good to hear that someone is actually wanting to do trail driving with the Renegade. I think that most Renegades are never going to see a dirt trail.

Welcome to the forum @keymonkey

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes jeepers this is what Jeep assumes to. So 20:1 crawl is ok, but not going to get you down the Rubicon. So just enough to give it some decent cred without spending a ton of engineering time and money equipping it for excursions it will never see. My expectations are low and set appropriately to hopefully be pleasantly suprised by it's capability.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat for me. Looking forward to hanging out while we all pace around the room until next Jan! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts