Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm EMT from Boston interested in the Renegade for my next vehicle. I currently drive a Jeep Compass 4x4 with a manual transmission and I love it, but it's got 153k on it and I'm just hoping it gets me through the last year of Nursing school. Anyone else from the Northeast?

Joe

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Welcome! Lots of us on this forum are from the Northeast. I'm farther away in PA and really like my Renegade. I've had it nearly a year and over 7,000 trouble-free miles.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm EMT from Boston interested in the Renegade for my next vehicle. I currently drive a Jeep Compass 4x4 with a manual transmission and I love it, but it's got 153k on it and I'm just hoping it gets me through the last year of Nursing school. Anyone else from the Northeast?

Joe
I a from New York, went to school in Boston. The renegade will handle your winters and then some.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hello and welcome from the Motor City! I drove a Compass recently as a rental vehicle on a trip to Colorado. It handled the winding roads near Rocky Mountain National Park like a champ! Certainly makes the Jeep name proud, much like the Renegade!

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi everyone,

Joe
Hey Joe. I live just outside of Portsmouth, NH and equipped my Renegade the same as your Compass: 4x4 and manual transmission.

This is my seventh car now and I'd have to say it's one of my favorites. It feels like FCA spent a good amount of time on chassis dynamics because the Renegade handles fantastically. Coming from 500-DNA I had hoped that it might, but I never expected it to be as fun to drive as it is. The 1.4T is fun though I'm already looking into ECU module options to get a bit more power out of it. Because it's only a 1.4, it's just about always in boost so the fuel economy is meh in my opinion. But compared to torqueless, ~140hp HR-Vs and CX-3s, I'll take it. Besides, the only subcompact SUVs that come in all-wheel drive and a manual transmission is Renegade, Crosstrek, and Countryman. The Subaru has a yestertech interior, crap NVH, and a suspension set to 1980's Buick; the Mini is awesome but it's pricey.

I'm looking forward to this weekend where I'll be in Jersey trying out its all-wheel drive through the sugar sand of the Pines. For what little snow —for New England— we've had, it handles pretty well and I'm on the factory all-seasons. I like how you can manually take it from a reactive system (where the front wheels must slip before it sends power to the back) to a proactive system (where all the wheels are being powered without needing slip) with a push of a button. However, a number of off-highway folks say that some of the settings, namely mud and sand, have left them underwhelmed. With that, I'm eager to try it myself.

If you've any questions, Joe, I'd be happy to try to answer them for ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.