Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got my Red Trail Hawk on August 28 and have been loving it. It's so much fun to drive. I have had one error message, though. It has happened twice and completely random upon starting the engine.

"Sound system unavailabe"

I've read some others have had the same issue but haven't seen any fixes. Also, my subwoofer seems to rattle or be distorted occasionally.

Anyone else with same issue?

Taking it to dealer tomorrow.

(I tried to post a pic but it keeps rotating it, any idea why?)

Hello all!>:D

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi all,

I got my Red Trail Hawk on August 28 and have been loving it. It's so much fun to drive. I have had one error message, though. It has happened twice and completely random upon starting the engine.

"Sound system unavailabe"

I've read some others have had the same issue but haven't seen any fixes. Also, my subwoofer seems to rattle or be distorted occasionally.

Anyone else with same issue?

Taking it to dealer tomorrow.

(I tried to post a pic but it keeps rotating it, any idea why?)

Hello all!>:D
Welcome to the forum. Did you use a phone to take the pictures?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My iPhone rotates pictures too. Even when I edit the picture before I upload it the rotation is still there. :confused:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hello and welcome!

There is a service bulletin that could be related to your concern.

TSB 08-062-15 REV. C

SUBJECT:
RA2, RG2 Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radio software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA and EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 07, 2015 (MDH 0807XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RA2).

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 23, 2015 (MDH 0823XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RG2).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice that blue tooth communication with the passenger is poor. If a passenger is trying to talk on the blue tooth phone, the caller will have a hard time understanding what the passenger is saying. The caller will not have any difficulty understanding the person in the driver’s seat. Additionally a false message may be displayed in the Cluster; Parking Sensors Unavailable and/or Sound System Unavailable.

Be sure to keep us posted on how everything goes at the dealership today!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hello and welcome!

There is a service bulletin that could be related to your concern.

TSB 08-062-15 REV. C

SUBJECT:
RA2, RG2 Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radio software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA and EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 07, 2015 (MDH 0807XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RA2).

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 23, 2015 (MDH 0823XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RG2).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice that blue tooth communication with the passenger is poor. If a passenger is trying to talk on the blue tooth phone, the caller will have a hard time understanding what the passenger is saying. The caller will not have any difficulty understanding the person in the driver’s seat. Additionally a false message may be displayed in the Cluster; Parking Sensors Unavailable and/or Sound System Unavailable.

Be sure to keep us posted on how everything goes at the dealership today!
Will this correct the orientation of his pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wanted to let you all know that I did, in fact, have a blown speaker. It was the passenger rear door. Dealer replaced with no questions asked and system sounds great. Replacement was zero cost to me.

Holden Dodge/Jeep is awesome! Anyone in Delaware looking to purchase a Jeep check them out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.