Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, cool to see a new forum for the Jeep Renegade even though it's not out yet. My wife and I are looking to purchase a small SUV. We are waiting for this vehicle before buying anything else. We have a Liberty that my daughter drives. I used it for two years and really liked it. Bought it used with 28K original miles, got 45K on it now, so far so good. We owned a CJ7 in the 80's so the beginning of last year, I pre-ordered a 2013 rubicon 10th anniversary. We thought it would be a lot of fun since we owned a jeep in the past. Of course this one costed us $40K and that was the problem, leather, hard top, etc. we used it for a year and I sold it a couple months ago. Just too expensive, plus storing the hard top, had to carry the zip up windows, doors really heavy not to easy to take off and put back on. Maybe I am just getting older (46) and never planned on taking it off road. So we sold it and bought a Fiat Abarth cabrio for our summer toy, I know what a HUGE difference but still a Chrysler so that's why I am mentioning it. The Fiat has been a BLAST, quick and fun but we want a 4x4 for the winter. We have looked at used Mini Countryman ALL4 which is cool and we even looked at the Fiat 500L but it's not 4x4 so we are waiting for the Renegade. Sorry for the long intro but looking forward to this forum. I have been involved with a couple vehicle forums over the years and they have been very helpful. Take care, Frank

·
Registered
953 Posts
Don't worry about the long intro, its great to meet ya. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to having talks with you on the forum in the future. Did you actually order the Renegade yet, or are you going to wait for a test drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. Jeepers, no I have not ordered one. I don't think you can order one yet. Jeep has not officially public pricing yet. I want to see the vehicle colors in person and test drive it before purchasing. I did contact my jeep dealer where I purchased my jeep last year from the sales manager and he did not have a lot of info about the Renegade yet. He said he would send me info as he gets it. I am not in a rush but it would be great if it came out in Dec this year, would make a great Christmas gift.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Liberty Owner! Sounds like you have had some fun vehicles. I hope your Liberty serves your family for many more miles! I think the Renegade is going to be worth the wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.