Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I'm looking forward to viewing the Renegade in person and taking it for a test drive just as much as everyone else.

The winters in Newfoundland can be quite harsh, not to mention that some of the roads around the smaller communities are constantly degrading and hardly maintained. I was thinking hard on buying a secondhand Toyota FJ or something similar, but the fuel economy is the one thing that makes me hesitant.

As I was looking around, the Renegade caught my eye. It seems like a viable option towards my want of an SUV with 4x4/awd, and my restraining financial situation. Can't wait to take it out for a test drive and see how it handles! Should be a much better improvement from my Chevy cobalt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome here Copper!

Actually we, Europeans, were able altready to test the Renegade and buy it!

Here it's not a cheaper car, its position is on top of the small/medium new SUV so the prices are.
I wrote some quick words about the test drive I got before buying and I think it is maybe the best car I driven for daily use. Take a look in my presentation thread.

Anyway welcome here hope to see you on a Renegade!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I've read through every thread at least once, And I do remember reading yours: "Hello from Milan again". Great to hear your thoughts on it! How did you find the handling, and how would you compare it to small cars that you've driven?

You Europeans are a lucky bunch, getting to play with a diesel engine while we have to settle for gas.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aaah ... so we in the old world were taken as Neandertal´s by the US Boys because we drive exotic cars with Diesel engines now are the lucky bunch???

When my former Brother in law came here to europe in the 1980ies he rather couldn´t spell Diesel he didn´t even know if this is something to drink ... :eek:;)

Fact is that Diesel engines get the best Nm they have at 2000-2800 rpm and that´s a good thing when driving offroad, so i guess my renegade will just do fine on Track ...

So just quit eating junk food and beans ... so you don´t have problems with gas anymore ... :):D;)>:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe I've read through every thread at least once, And I do remember reading yours: "Hello from Milan again". Great to hear your thoughts on it! How did you find the handling, and how would you compare it to small cars that you've driven?

You Europeans are a lucky bunch, getting to play with a diesel engine while we have to settle for gas.
Actually I'm quite lucky about, few I've worked for 6 years in automotive business so I had the opportunity to drive lots of car, Fiat Group in particular because my company was supplier: Fiat Marea, Lancia Libra, Fiat Stilo all of them starting with the 2.0 jTD, 115HP, the first diesel engines with common rail technology, making in 6 years, about half a million km. The cars had some problems, electrical issue, in particular but they never had an engine issue, never at all.
The engine is still the same the 140hp is the latest version of it.
About the handling, well, I drove the Renegade only few kms, but the feeling is not so far from the 2007 VW Passat TD I had (which is one of my best cars ever) . It's only higher from ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.