Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome!

You and me both about the AlfaOBD. That can get confusing and can get you into trouble... quick. I know, from personal experience!
You mentioned that in the other thread. How exactly did you get into trouble with AlfaOBD, and how would you recommend staying out of it?

Was that the "proxy alignment" you did (which I still don't understand what that is...)?

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Somehow during another proxy-alignment Alfa lost communication with the car's ECU and all sorts of horrible thing happened after that requiring me to pull the negative cable from the battery overnight to "reset" the ECU. The car was immobile after that failure and scared the hell out of me - I thought I seriously damaged the car.

Proxi Alignment Definition
I realize that site doesn't specifically cover the Renegade. But the definition of proxy alignment (or proxi alignment) is useful.

So from what I understand, that's when you change or add a major component on the vehicle, and the vehicle's computers/modules can't communicate with one another any more.

I don't intend to be doing that. :whistle:

In any case, you say it's not a fatal fault; proxy alignment can be done with AlfaOBD and the "grey" adapter...?

· Registered
1,999 Posts
So, never say never that you won't ever be doing it. :sneaky:
True that. But my Uconnect 4C NAV is so integrated with all the systems on the Trailhawk :rolleyes: , that I can't see replacing it with anything aftermarket.

I'm definitely not planning on getting wheels and tires of a different diameter.

And I don't screw around significantly with my cars otherwise.

But at least I'll have the "grey" adapter if needed... And yes, hopefully AlfaOBD lets me know that I need to...

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Well, OK... A 10" screen would be tempting...

o_O No! Get behind me, Satan! I'm very happy with my 8.4" screen...

I just wish the sound system would play all the folders and tracks on my Mp3 drive in order, not just one folder at a time...

· Registered
1,999 Posts
I can plug my USB drive into the Jeep's AUX port and have no issues playing MP3 or FLAC audio files at all in any shuffle order I see fit with this headunit. 🤪
Well, I don't want to hijack xkylemattcolex's thread any more. Can we jump this subject over to my thread, where I'd first brought his up? See Post #134 here:

New Trailhawk Is Finally Here | Page 7 | Jeep Renegade Forum

And I'm continuing below that.

· Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm just simply trying to stop my parking brake from automatically engaging when I place the vehicle in "P".
There's actually a setting for that through Uconnect 4C on my 2021 Trailhawk. I kind of like it. Though this is the first electronic parking brake I've ever had, and I still have to think about it a second to remember whether I need to push down or pull up to disengage the brake...even though it's analogous to a hard brake...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.